Feral Interactive - Rise of the Tomb Raider

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Feral Interactive Releases Tool for Linux Gamers to Optimize Their Gaming Rigs

The tool is called GameMode, it's free for gamers and game developers alike, and it consists of a daemon and library combo that allows you to set various performance optimizations to be temporarily applied to your Linux-powered gaming computer before attempting to play a game.
Developed in collaboration with Solus Project's Ikey Doherty, the GameMode tool appears to be able to only set the CPU governor, but Feral Interactive plans to extend it with extra mode-switch plugins, along with user configuration for local mode-switch plugins, better client state tracking, and an API to query the tool's active state.

#FeralPlays Rise of the Tomb Raider on Linux (Tuesday 10 April 2018)

Twitch link above.

Using the latest Vulkan (on Linux) and Metal 2 API (on macOS) graphics technologies, the superb and thrilling Rise of the Tomb Raider adventure game is currently being ported by Feral Interactive, an UK-based video games publisher known for porting Tomb Raider 2013, to Mac and Linux platforms.
"In Rise of the Tomb Raider, play as Lara Croft and explore the most ancient and remote regions of the world to uncover the secret of immortality," says Feral Interactive. "Master Lara’s combat, hunting and survival skills in beautiful but lethal environments while staying one step ahead of Trinity, a secret global organization."
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration coming this spring to Mac and Linux
But the even better news is that Feral Interactive will be porting the Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration edition of the game, which contains the entire collection of DLCs, including Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch, Blood Ties, Lara’s Nightmare, as well as the Extreme Survivor and Endurance Mode difficulty settings.
Feral Interactive already put together a minisite for the Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration port for macOS and Linux for those curious to know what will be included in the game. Of course, if you already own the game, you won't have to buy it again to play it on your Linux or Mac gaming rig.

Go Laura go
clap.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Here are a couple of benchmarks for Rise of the Tomb Raider running on linux. One is for a Nvidia graphics card and the other for a AMD card. The video shows game play with a GTX1070 which looks super to me.
As the game is on a special at Steam for £14 till the 24th I recon I might just buy it. Mind you that is a load of loot to fork out. Hmm I am stuck in the 2013 Tomb Raider where you have to swing and jump and I can not get the timing right. I am also stuck in one of the earlier games. So should I get this game or wait till I have solved the other two. If I wait this game will have come down in price. Hmmm what to do.

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/artic...-available-on-linux-heres-a-look-at-it-with-b

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/artic...aider-tested-on-amdrx-580.11620/page=7#120151

After looking at the video again I think I will buy the game, sod the expense :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It's a great game, go get it.

There are separate levels, about 6 or 8 of them, forget what they're called now but imo it's worth having a look at walkthroughs for some of those.

I completed the 2013 game and I'm possibly the most impatient gamer in the world, I tend to throw a wobbler and quit at the slightest provocation.

What I'm saying here is if I can complete Tomb Raider (2013) then you certainly can.

As for the earlier games - various degrees of difficulty so I don't know. What I found more than anything with the few games preceeding 2013 was not so much difficulty as getting lost - not knowing what to do or where to go next.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
It's a great game, go get it.

I completed the 2013 game and I'm possibly the most impatient gamer in the world, I tend to throw a wobbler and quit at the slightest provocation.

What I'm saying here is if I can complete Tomb Raider (2013) then you certainly can.

Done, yet another hole in my wallet :lol:

I seem to hit a brick wall in almost every game. Sometimes I just need to take a step back and chill. In other games I just cannot mash the buttons fast enough or in the correct order so I give up.
I'm into gaming for fun not masochism.

"What I'm saying here is if I can complete Tomb Raider (2013) then you certainly can."

You have too much faith in me. :rolleyes:

I am going to give the game a go on me Arch but I will have to clean up me ssd to gain some space first. :cool:

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
I've been playing Tomb Raider since it debuted on the PS1 back in 96. I dedicated my life to beating that game and finding ALL the secrets. Then I played part 2, 3, and 4. Recently I played the Tomb Raider for PS3, the one where you have to survive by hunting with a bow. I really like how they have evolved the game. I would like to get back into when I have a system that is powerful enough to run it. Oh, and don't let me forget that I bought the Lara Croft Go game avail on Android for only a buck. Can't beat that price :dance:

Ask a Question