Rise of the Tomb Raider: Performance Analysis

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Rise of the Tomb Raider for the PC was released yesterday on Steam, and Tech Power Up have been taking a look:

Rise of the Tomb Raider sees our protagonist Lara Croft trot the globe to find answers that lead up to the lost city of Kitezh, a trail that cost her father his sanity and, eventually, his life.

In this review, we put Rise of the Tomb Raider through a variety of mainstream, performance-segment, and high-end graphics cards, including a multi-GPU option of epic value, across the four most popular resolutions, including 1440p and 4K Ultra HD. This review should also give you an idea of how much you can tweak the game to suit your hardware.

Rise of the Tomb Raider.jpg

Read the full review here.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Going to pick this up at some point, really enjoyed the 2013 one. :)

Just reading the article, That VRAM usage! Sounds well optimised though.

A 980Ti is looking more worthwhile finally! :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just hoping that I can update my system soon enough that they're still giving this game away with some of the Nvidia cards, I think I'm gonna go for a slightly overclocked EVGA version of the 970 if and when the opportunity comes.

I also enjoyed the 2013 game, that was good.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Graphics in the game look great on high settings. Doubt they would look so good with me two 460 GTX's, the rest of me rig would be ok though. :blush:

I'm looking forward to the new Nvidia cards coming later in the year otherwise I might have been tempted by a 970. :cool:

Reaction score
Rise of the Tomb Raider for the PC was released yesterday on Steam, and Tech Power Up have been taking a look:

Read the full review here.

Would like it but not gonna happen for a while

Linky not working anymore
"503 Service Unavailable
No server is available to handle this request."

Have to go direct to site and use links there

Last edited:

Ask a Question