Password for ISP access

I recently installed XP Home upgrade to my home computer (was '98SE). Now the
password on my dialup won't reset when going directly to the ISP. In the
setup for the network connection there is a series of dots representing a
password (don't ask me how many, maybe 12 dots). When I delete the dots and
type in my old (6 character) ISP password it will not be remembered by the
setup. Therefore, I cannot connect to the internet and even more puzzling is
that the 800 number for the internet authorization for my new XP Home will
not connect either. My email is Outlook 2000 and when I go to it I get a
separate dialup window containing the same number of dots for the password.
Funny thing here is that when I delete these dots and type in my old ISP
password it will verify and connect to my ISP, thence to the internet. Again
however, it will not retain the password and reverts back to the multiple
dots, even though I have un-checked and re-checked the 'Remember' box. I have
reset my password through my ISP and that has not made any difference. I'm
sure that it is something simple I'm overlooking but I'm at the point where I
can't 'see the forest for the trees.' Any help would be greatly appreciated.
TIA

zombie

Bill C Bill (e-mail address removed), wrote in message
(e-mail address removed):

Call your ISP for help.

--
zombie computers.Inc