OK BIG problem - forget my other thread

Reaction score
ok so problem is now this. And please read ALL of it cause i might have missed somthing somwhere.

As i posted be4 i got a new jeantech case. I shifted all the crap from my old crapard hell into this new case. Seen all the new front panel case cables and got scared :confused: . The only ones i have plugged in are a red/black 1, which connects to a big 4 pin cable (the sort you plug into drives), a 'power sw' (2 cable) onto the MB and HDD LED (2 cable also on MB). All the other crap is unplugged cause i got confused - Front usb stuff and front audio. This is what happens when everything is plugged in (drives and graphics card)

Power on
Blue case light comes on and stays on
Red case light is on for about 1 second then never comes back again
No display
Fans spinning on psu and on board
Light on MB lights up, its orange (never seen it before so im hoping it means it has power,and not that somthing is wrong)
There are NO beeps at all

To turn it off i either have to hold the button in for 7 seconds or wall job it.

I DID put a new 400w ATX psu in it, the old one was a 250w. Good news is i think i have power everywhere (well i should do if im getting another 150w out of it?).

What i have tested so far - DVD drive, and both ram cards, one in at a time.

I am stumped lol, please help me on this. Please oh please tell em i need a new MB/Processer, fact is i have £20 and thats it (ooooo if i take back that psu and say its faulty i get abit more money back)

Should i ---- A) Reset CMOS on board (dunno how though btw)
-----B) Take it to a shop and tell them to get on with it
-----C) Panic

:( :( :( :( :(

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Take it to a shop and tell them to get on with it ...
You are out of your depth here. :thumb:

Without a diagram of your MB or Case ... we is peeing in the wind trying to help. ;)

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
You are out of your depth here. :thumb:

Without a diagram of your MB or Case ... we is peeing in the wind trying to help. ;)

Lol, ok ill get a diagram of my case and MB. hold on

Reaction score
Big problem

Go through the whole of the Motherboard manual and check everything is connected up OK. Inluding all jumpers on Motherboard, this may entail going back to the start and installing everything one at a time. Could be a setting on the Motherboard is out or not set correctly.

Reaction score
feckit said:
Go through the whole of the Motherboard manual and check everything is connected up OK. Inluding all jumpers on Motherboard, this may entail going back to the start and installing everything one at a time. Could be a setting on the Motherboard is out or not set correctly.

Well em the thing is.. i dont really have a motherboard manual.. i havnt touched any of the jumpers, but, my old case's front panel cables were together in a plug, so i just had to connect the 2 together. You think their might be a problem in there somwhere?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Yer previous post gives a link to the motherboard manual . Should have all the info you need . All you got to do is read it from cover to cover 6 million times :D

Reaction score
Manual might help

Read through the manual, it may give you some clues to your current problems.:)

Reaction score
I did its full of crap though lol, only question i need answering is - Do i need to replace anything? yes or no, then ill look through the manual *sob*

muckshifter

Reaction score
powerz said:
I did its full of crap though lol, only question i need answering is - Do i need to replace anything? yes or no, then ill look through the manual *sob*
To someone like me who has built PCs for nearly 20years it is as plane as day what goes where and what you can't use 'cos you ain't got it.

you only "need" the power switch conecting ... which is pin 6 & 8 on SW1 page 13

Sorry, but I strongly suggest you bite the bullet & take it to a PC shop, even PCWorld will "help" better than us trying to explain what goes where.

What do you want, a dead system, or a working system? ;)

muckshifter

Reaction score
feckit said:
Muckshifter your not supporting your local PC World are you:D
Nope! my nearest is 40miles away (ain't they lucky) ... and I won't repeat what I'm thinking. ;)

:p

Reaction score
My local PCWorld being "inner city" has everything chained down, most things are in cases behind toughen glass and most are dummy box's!

Reaction score
LOL now i cant get any power from either psu, so ive decided to just leave it and get a new board and processer in a few weeks time, if thats a bad idea just advise away ;-)

Ask a Question