Flops' new build

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Been spending far too much lately but I figure both the Xbox Series X and my new computer build may well be the very last of each for me. But who knows?

I’d been intending a new main computer build for a while and this is how it turned out:

MSI Pro Z790P WiFi Intel Socket 1700 Motherboard
Intel Core i5 Alder Lake-S CPU 12th Gen 3.7Ghz
Corsair Vengenance RGB 32Gb (2 x 16Gb) 6000Mhz DDR5 RAM
2 x Crucial 1Gb NVME SSD in RAID 0 – 1.81Tb
Palit Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080 10 Gb
Noctua NH-D15S Chromax Black Tower CPU Cooler
Be Quiet! Pure Base 600 Case
Corsair RM850x 850W Modular Power Supply 80 Plus Gold
Western Digital 4Tb Hard disk for Games
Seagate 2Tb Hard Disk for storage
Pioneer BD-R 209 Bluray optical drive
Startech 5.25” Case-mount Hard Disk Caddy

The last four items in the list were carried over from my previous build and all the rest was purchased from CCL for just shy of £2K.

I was very impressed with the Be Quiet computer case (£109) but less impressed with having to pay £700 for a medium spec graphics card.

I downloaded Win 10 from MS and purchased an activation code on Amazon for £18 – all above board and all is working fine.

I also bought a Razer Viper cordless gaming mouse for £80 but it didn’t work properly (sometimes single left click just didn’t work) so I have returned it to Amazon and am awaiting a refund for it. I stuck with my corded Steel Series mouse.

On the Xbox Series X front, I bought Hogwarts Legacy on Disk and have installed it with all updates but haven’t played it yet, quite looking forward to that.

Work is gradually dwindling off and soon I’ll just be relying on a small private pension and state pension so hopefully I won’t have any large outlays on the gaming and computer fronts in future.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very nice setup there mate.

For what it’s worth, I’m using the Corsair K63 keyboard and Logitech G502 mouse. Both very good for gaming.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Ooh that looks impressive @floppybootstomp. I hope you will get loads of enjoyment from your new setup.

Fwiw, I favour the Logitech G600 wired mouse, (and yes, I use all 20 of the buttons! lol)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
just shy of £2K.

maxresdefault.jpg

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Looking very good, The Corsair Memory is excellent I have it in my (getting old) machine :lol:

Ask a Question