HP Elitebook 840 G3 not seeing battery.

Reaction score
My laptop has stopped seeing the CS03XL battery.

Windows says battery status: 0% available (plugged in)

HP Support Assistant states that it can't find a battery.

I have tried removing the battery and then refitting it and that made no difference so I bought a new battery and that did not work either. Tried a third CS03XL battery and still windows and HP Support does not see the battery.

I have Googled it and tried all things like deleting battery drivers, hard laptop reset/reboot etc, nothing has worked.

Laptop only works now on mains ac power and does not charge the battery no matter what one I put in the laptop. If I pull out the power cable, the laptop turns instantly off as you would expect.

Does anyone have any ideas, really want to be able to get the laptop working on battery again.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Surely if the jack was defective then it would not work on ac mains power. Also the battery would still be detected by hp support assistant wouldn't it.

Reaction score
Surely if the jack was defective then it would not work on ac mains power. Also the battery would still be detected by hp support assistant wouldn't it.
That's not necessarily true. It could be connecting mains power to the laptop, but not to the battery.

Reaction score
Wind your neck in. You came here asking for help, people don't have to help you.
Exactly, so why post such a pointless reply?
Clearly they had not even read my post as it very clearly says THREE batteries have been tried, yet a moderator of all people seemed to think replying "replace the battery with a new one" is a good, useful and sensible reply.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Clearly they had not even read my post as it very clearly says THREE batteries have been tried, yet a moderator of all people seemed to think replying "replace the battery with a new one" is a good, useful and sensible reply.
Maybe they just misread or didn't see that part of your post - no need to jump down someone's throat for it!

Reaction score
Sometimes when reading a post, we may miss a word or sentence.
There is really no need to be impolite.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Maybe they were distracted by the sea of needless line breaks in your OP?

Reaction score
Well first you descriptions of my response are a little over the top. Implying if you are going to reply then read through the post properly before doing so is hardly 'jumping down someone's throat'.
Second, how could they have not seen it, it is the main part of my post - "I have tried removing the battery and then refitting it and that made no difference so I bought a new battery and that did not work either. Tried a third CS03XL battery and still windows and HP Support does not see the battery."
Pretty clear.

Reaction score
The line breaks are there to separate out the details and problem, making them clear and easy to be read, you know, for those who can't manage to read posts properly and then respond with a comment/suggestion the poster has clearly said has already been tried.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
the battery would still appear in hp support assistant.
Not necessarily. If there is an issue with the charging port it may not be providing any voltage to the charging circuit and that may be why HP assistant does not see the battry. There is a brilliant channel on YouTube called NorthbridgeFix and he has some really good videos on charging circuits and charging ports. Go give him a look. Maybe that will help you understand the issue a bit better.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The line breaks are there to separate out the details and problem, making them clear and easy to be read, you know, for those who can't manage to read posts properly and then respond with a comment/suggestion the poster has clearly said has already been tried.
What you're describing there is something known as a 'paragraph'. ;)

Ask a Question