OE 6 XP as NNTP Client

davjohn

I have been having nothing but trouble with OE 6 XP as an NNTP Client.
Messages seem to come in fine, but when I try to reply, or respond to
group, I get an error message:
Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'Re: SUBJECT',
Account: 'news.readfreenews.net', Server:
'news.readfreenews.net', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '440 Posting
Not Allowed.', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 440, Error
Number: 0x800CCCA9
According to the setup instructions and the "Help" menu, everything
should be set right.
Can anyone tell me what is wrong?
Thanks
Dave

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers

Hi davjohn,

According to:
http://cust.readfreenews.net/

"Because of the amount of abuse lately, the ability to sign up for an
account has been terminated.", and this newsfeed requires registration to
have posting access.

--
Best of Luck,

Windows help - www.rickrogers.org