Music. What are you listening to right now?

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
So, Johann Sebastian Bach and Glenn Gould walk into a piano bar...

:bow:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
@Abarbarian I saw BABYMETAL live a couple of years ago - they were supporting the Red Hot Chili Peppers. They certainly put on a good show!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
@Abarbarian I was aware of the name BabyMetal but had no idea what they were all about, I'm seriously out of touch since giving up that disco lark.

I like them a lot, lots of energy and enthusiasm and atm probably quite unique. Tis probably true about some of the comments like 'Metal for those who like pop' but who cares? Music shouldn't be to get precious about but to enjoy. And I enjoy their stuff, I checked out a few more of their vids including the one with Rob Halford (Judas Priest).

Having run a Rock/Metal disco for 41 years I'm sure if I was still doing that thing I'd be playing their stuff so thanks for the heads up, as our Transatlantic friends are wont to say.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
This guy is fantastic! Although I kinda feel like he's looking into my soul... :eek: :lol:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
If you get the chance to see the film, take it!

hi.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Haven't bought much lately since 'Pulse' then over the weekend bought these two.

The Oh Sees' Smote Reverser, double clear vinyl 45rpm and D.I.P.Presents The Upsetters which is basically a Lee Perry showcase from a certain time in his career.

For me The Oh Sees, so far, are the band of the decade, breath of fresh air.

And Lee Perry is just plain nutty. And kinda lovable.

Oh Sees came from Reckless Records in Berwick Street and The Upsetters from Greenwich Clocktower weekend market.

0001.jpg

0002.jpg

Reaction score
I am a bit old fashioned and love the Big Band and Swing of the 1940's and 50's and at the moment ripping many of my best loved albums.:dance::lol::thumb::p

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
More new music from Muse...

Also I heard on the radio this morning that the Red Hot Chili Peppers will be starting work on a new album soon :dance:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm planning a 90s party for NYE, so I've been listening to a lot of 90s music recently...

:dance:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
My own personal view is that the best decades for music (so far) have been the sixties and the nineties.

Running a mobile disco as I was through the nineties, couldn't go wrong for dance music, the tunes released at that time made life easy for me. Hope the party goes well Becky :dance:

Ask a Question