Music. What are you listening to right now?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
So Adele not your cup of tea then Quad? :D

I've had Tapestry in my collection since whenever, currently have it on CD, vinyl and FLAC.

It's a good album but I have to say I prefer 19 and 21.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
So Adele not your cup of tea then Quad? :D

I've had Tapestry in my collection since whenever, currently have it on CD, vinyl and FLAC.

It's a good album but I have to say I prefer 19 and 21.

No that is not the case, I need more time and to listen to her more. In the past have had similar experiences where I just could not appreciate an artist in the first instance but later my perspective totally changed.

I understand 19 and 21 are albums by Adele?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
No that is not the case, I need more time and to listen to her more. In the past have had similar experiences where I just could not appreciate an artist in the first instance but later my perspective totally changed.

I understand 19 and 21 are albums by Adele?

Hey, we're all different, thank goodness ;)

And yes, 19 & 21 are both albums by Adele, she named them that cos that's how old she was when she made them.

I wonder if she'll use that method when she's 36? ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
While I'm here, just listened to these, the first one is 'Time' from Pink Floyd's DSOTM

And today I heard Seasick Steve for the first time. I knew he existed but I eventually got round to grabbing a few albums to sample. Hey, pretty damn good imo

Chose a laid back number rather than an all out turbo nutter blues workout thingie

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
This is the music I grew up with, I think I must be 7or 8 at the most when I heard it first time. The girl from the 60's on the sleeve is sure pretty on the cover :drool:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
This is the music I grew up with, I think I must be 7or 8 at the most when I heard it first time. The girl from the 60's on the sleeve is sure pretty on the cover :drool:

I'm blowed if I can remember which tv series that was a tune for :confused:

Nice tune though.

Reaction score
For the past few hours I have been listening to the 'Blues' which happens to be my favorite genre of music. Here are a few of the artists and the songs they did: The Smokin' Joe Kubek Band.. T Texas Cadillac, Albert King.. I'll Play The Blues For You, Walter Trout And "Guitar" Shorty.. Wrapped Around Your Finger, Jimmy Dawkins.. Me, My Guitar And The Blues, Robert Johnson And John Lee Hooker.. Crawlin' King Snake, Buddy Guy.. Too Soon, Freddie King.. Reconsider Baby, Jimmy Hall.. Rendezvous With The Blues, Albert Cummings.. I'm On My Way, Travis Haddix.. Time To Take Charge.. Ever hear the story about the "Blues" musician who supposedly sold his soul to the devil in exchange for fame and fortune? Not to mention his new found expertise with the guitar. This was Robert Johnson and the deal went down at a crossroads somewhere in Mississippi. Some of you will probably remember Eric Clapton's version of "The Crossroads". Johnson, unknowingly drank some poisoned whiskey and died at the age of twenty-seven. If I'm not mistaken I believe that was the beginning of the infamous "27 Club".

Reaction score
Hi Hippie49 I quite like the blues and have a small collection but only have comperlation albums I am more into Bluegrass:D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Been listening to Ben E King early this morning..

Then Big Country Fields of fire :cool:

Reaction score
Hey bootneck02, good to hear from you. Rock and roll used to be my thing (now classic rock) back in the 60's and 70's and then I started listening to the "Blues". Enjoy it more every day. Thanks for responding.

Reaction score
What's up crazylegs? Ben E. King. Now that's a name I haven't heard in a while. A short career with the Drifters, but so many memorable songs. He did "OK" with his solo career. (LOL I'm Joking). If you grew up in the era that I did, then without a doubt, heard every hit song he turned out. Just heard a song from a King. Albert that is. Left handed. Played right hand guitar upside down. His own unique sound. Nice to meet you.

Reaction score
Cool video, EvanDavis. I will definitely check the rest of them out. Saw Pink Floyd in Louisville, Kentucky in either '71 or '72. Was quite a "trip" needless to say. Thanks..

Reaction score
Ben E. King. Now that's a name I haven't heard in a while. A short career with the Drifters

My wife and I saw Ben E King and his Drifters at the Riviera in Las Vegas they were performing with the Platters and another 60's group (which I cannot remember until I get the CD's out) in 2007 . We had a great night out. After the show they came out to meet the audience and sign autographs.:thumb::dance:

Reaction score
:D Oh and he is over hear in the UK touring unfortunately I will not be seeing him but he was on our local radio talking about the UK tour he is here for several months I believe. So he is still performing:thumb::dance:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
The best video of the song

The best audio (full length version)

Ask a Question