Music. What are you listening to right now?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
You saw Cab Calloway? Respec

Only stand-up moment I can spout forth is having seen Athur 'Big Boy' Crudup in London in 1970, shortly before he died.

Arthur wrote 'My baby Left Me' which Elvis later had some success with.

Arthur's gig was not well attended but to this day I'm almost proud I went. Actually spoke to the guy afterwards, nice geezer. Even have a couple of poor quality pix of the occasion. 1st floor, Bridge House Pub, Elephant & Castle, SE London.

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
"Almost proud"? Would that be like – um – "almost pregnant"? :fool:

Good Brassens covers:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I watched those two. First one good, second one is a miserable git who needs a slap.

I always wanted to learn French, never did, despite picking up snippets from secondary school learning. Beautiful language.

One lovely lady:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
And....

This takes me back to when I was about 15 or 16 and used to go fishing at Tunbridge Wells. Train trips, small perch, ground bait, naivety, it wasn't better, it just was

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I had discovered her sometimes back and knew that she was a very sensitive singer, love her style and her delivery.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
What a song, what a singer!
I remember watching the movie as a kid when it was released in the theaters.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If ever a woman improved with age it must be Lulu, she must be nudging 70.

I've always liked 'To Sir With Love' it's on one of my favourite compilation CD's.

I remember seeing Lulu on UK TV Prog 'Ready Steady Go' when she first broke through, I must have been 13 or 14 and saw her singing 'Shout' in black and white. Back then she was a gawky, awkward, Glaswegian young redhead but she sure had a lot of energy. She wasn't really attractive.

But I think she is now. Strange.

Alan Sherman? I remember my teachers playing that stuff, never struck me as funny. Sorry.

Reaction score
Would have you would have been down at the Hop Farm, Paddock Wood Festervel, FBS they had some good acts on there including the Eagles this weekend. It is a 3 day event.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I much prefur the original 60's version of To Sir With Love, but I must Lulu is ageing well, dose not look much over 40 or do my glases need cleaning:D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Here is the original for those who want to get themselves transported back to the year of its release. This I think is the best version on you tube. :cheers:

Reaction score
I love bluegrass and have been listening to Steve Martin and The Steep Canyon Rangers CD "The Crow" I did not realise he had so much talent or that he played the Banjo. I just thought he was just an comedian and an actor,.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I am sure many of you would remember the album "Tapestry" by Carole King from 1970. By 1975 it went on to become the best selling album ever and had sold 5 million copies. I was 11 years old and my Dad had acquired the album just when it was released. I kept playing it on and on and wore out the LP completely. Later of course I bought the CD when the format was launched. This particular album remains the most played album of all time for me. It's been 41 years since its release and still is an awsome album to listen to.

I stumbled upon the few songs from this album as performed by Carole King way back in 1971 at the BBC. What a performance! It is so close to the orginal album that she did, it was a treat to watch and get transported back to the good ole' days.

Hope you all enjoy it!

Ask a Question