screensaver is fine. However, I purchased this mouse for
good reasons and would like for my screen saver(s) to work
with it as well. I am running Windows XP service pack 2 on
a Dell dimension desktop.

Thanks, for any help...
Steve
I.T. engineer

Reaction score
I have two systems running XP Pro with intellipoint and intellitype. I'm running intellitype 5.2 pro and intellipoint 5.2 drivers. I downloaded the most recent drivers from microsoft. Both systems have the same motherboard although one has a faster CPU. One one system I'm having exactly the same problem as Steve while on the other system it works fine. On the system where the screen saver doesn't work, the screensaver works fine when I remove the MS mouse and install a Logimouse (both optical although the MS mouse is wireless and the Logimouse is not). The keyboard is clearly not the problem. I've tried removing the driver from device manager and add/remove programs. Nothing seems to resolve the problem. I've checked Microsoft's site but found no known issue. Scanning the internet though turns up a number of people with this issue.

So why not just use the Logimouse? My wife and I prefer the feel of the MS mouse. Further these are all MS products and they should work together. For now we'll just turn the monitor off.

If anyone finds a solution, please post.

Ron

Ask a Question