Most used Freeware Programs?

B. R. 'BeAr' Ederson

LOL - a special dispensation just for you. You may post the programs you
use every time you use your computer (even if that's less often than
every day). ;)

I need another "dispensation" ;-) for being able to contribute to
this thread. Whenever I work with one of my Internet connected computers,
I always use 40tude Dialog (Mail/News) and nearly always use KMeleon
(Browser). But there are sometimes days and weeks either without or
with non-Internet connected computers (usually laptops).

Besides Internet, there's no *constantly recurrent* task involving
freeware.

BeAr

Susan Bugher

I need another "dispensation" ;-) for being able to contribute to
this thread. Whenever I work with one of my Internet connected computers,
I always use 40tude Dialog (Mail/News) and nearly always use KMeleon
(Browser). But there are sometimes days and weeks either without or
with non-Internet connected computers (usually laptops).

Besides Internet, there's no *constantly recurrent* task involving
freeware.

Thanks BeAr. I'm still chuckling because you were the *only* person who
questioned "every day". Apparently there are a lot of computer addicts
in ACF. . . ;)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Stan Weiss

Susan said:
Thanks BeAr. I'm still chuckling because you were the *only* person who
questioned "every day". Apparently there are a lot of computer addicts
in ACF. . . ;)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Or a lot of people who use their computer everyday for work. I work at
home so my work computer is my personal computer.
Stan

Peggy

ellis_jay

OE6
MwSnap
winpatrol
adaware (lavasoft)
Spybot S&D
ZA
AVG
Atronics File Security
Notepad
tracer3d
bit9

___Sador the carpenter to Turin
Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

Ellis_Jay

ellis_jay

George said:
Spybot, WinPatrol, ...which I pause if I plan to
use the internet.

Bad idea. Both should be run in sessions. Teatimer invaluable in noticing
registry changes and denying or allowing changes. Winpatrol essential in
sessions also for same reason and for others reasons. If conflicts occur
with your other programs you should try to work them out, not exit Spybot
S&D and Winpatrol.

___Sador the carpenter to Turin
Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

Ellis_Jay

ellis_jay

Susan said:
Thanks everybody. :) :) :)

It's interesting to see some programs turning up in several different
categories (and most people put clocks in

Thanx for reminding me. I left out of my list the Saturn 9 clock. Its
alarm wakes my daughter up for school.

lol