Most used Freeware Programs?

Dave Birk

I've read this group for several months and benefited enormously from
all your recommendations, comments and discussions. Here is my first
contribution as a way to thank you for turning me on to some great freeware.

FILE UTILITIES
Fox-it Reader -- the no-bloat PDF reader

GRAPHICS
IrfanView -- I've used many, but I've stuck with Irfan for a long time.
PhotoFiltre -- it does everything I want, and it's intuitive. I don't
want to have to get a master's degree to use The Gimp.

INTERNET
Firefox, Thunderbird

MULTIMEDIA
Winamp -- better than Gatesware, nagware, crippleware and shareware

WEB DESIGN
HTML-Kit

Baldie

Here's what I use every day:

Open Office
Foxit PDF Reader
7 Zip
Kana Launcher
Irfanview
Slickrun
1by1
Foxmail
Xnews
Firefox
ProcessTamer
Avast
Down2Home
Secretmaker
DVDShrink
Cathy
Metapad
Treepad
Power Defragmenter GUI
Filezilla
MPEG Audio
Lupas Rename
Media Tagger

Roger Johansson

Here's what I use every day, in a win98se system:

The freeware plugins and addons for Total Commander:
Total-ISO and Clipbrowser
Unpackers for many kind of formats, like bin, iso, img,

Opera, running all the time, for browsing and searching, web surfing.

Faststone Image viewer

Winamp, running all the time.

Screamer internet radio and recorder.

Firefox, running all the time, used only for messages, usenet, email,
web forums.

Foxit PDF Reader

VLC video player

NVU HTML Editor

ZoneAlarm firewall

AllChars, for systemwide keyboard macros.

Clonespy, for finding and deleting duplets.

ESB-Calc, calculator

UK-Kalender, Ulrich Krebs calender.

Process Explorer and Autoruns from Sysinternals

Paint programs:
Pixia
Artweaver
Deep paint
Paintshop Pro last freeware version, 4.15 I think.
Gimpshop

Graphics effects programs:
Image analyzer.
Photofiltre.

Daniel Mandic

El said:
Il 03 Apr 2006 18:36:29 GMT, Daniel Mandic ha scritto:

Internet Explorer is freeware?
Where can I download sources from?

Hi El Bandolero!

You can install ie5.5SP2 (download) on a Windows95 System. Well,
Windows is not free, everybody knows. But ie5 is not shipped with a
Standard Windows95 License.

So it is Freeware. No sources, yes (MS developer?), but also Freeware
property belongs to the Author or Producer. I don´t want to start a new
Open-Source vs. Not Open-Source Freeware dicussion. It would lead to
nowhere.

'Drive rescue' is also listed under freeware, and the fully version
costs (and is probably better or more complex). MS don´t do so. Windows
you must have, O.K, but ie does not have a better buy-version. Also I
like Bill Gates Internet (respectively MS, but he is the only normal to
me) behaviour and I am not angry with him. Although, it would be
interesting when MS would made a IE for Linux :) Most likely you would
pay for it :), as Linux is already free.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Mandic

Captain Video

Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use *every* day?

DESKTOP

FILE UTILITIES

GRAPHICS

INTERNET

MULTIMEDIA

ORGANIZERS

PROGRAMMING

SECURITY

SYSTEM UTILITIES

TEXT

WEB DESIGN

Susan

*DESKTOP
Icondesk
Autosizer
WallpaperMaster
Speakonia
Folder View (tray)
Proxomitron (tray)
ClipMagic (tray)
Wordweb (tray)
Handy Moby (tray)

optool (tray)
http://www.kreacom.dk/optool/
I use version 1.2, NOT 2.12. Why? BUGS!)

*FILE UTILITIES
7-Zip
CubicExplorer (for now)
Agent Ransack
(IFNS) Instant File Name Search:
http://www.sowsoft.com/file-name-search.htm

*REFERENCE
WordWeb
TheSage
Handy Moby (Not the Mobysaurus [bloated] general version that has
'Handy Moby' in the Mobysaurus download) [tray program]
Much of "Handy Moby" can be found/used on the net at:
http://www.dict.org/bin/Dict
(under 'Grady Ward' 'Moby' definitions (at the bottom after entering)
if not wanting to download Mobysaurus, which takes *forever* to open
as a program). www.dict.org is priceless, and yes, I use it daily.

Mobysaurus:
http://moby.donationcoders.com/
(Handy Moby included as a sub-program)

*GRAPHICS
Irfanview
FSviewer

*INTERNET
Proxomitron
Trillian
Gigaget Downloader
Opera Browser
Maxthon Browser
Sleipnir Browser
Avant Browser
[almost feel guilty that I don't use k-meleon/sea-monkey daily]
[Greenbrowser, Crazybrowser, and Fastbrowser(now Caymanbrowser)
retired from daily use]

GreatNews(RSS)
wTicker(RSS)

Telescope
http://www.alkalisoftware.ca/Telesc.html
(excellent images search function. A major time saver, with ALL images
opening in *one* browser window)

*MULTIMEDIA

DeliPlayer 2.50 beta
(awesome sound after tweaking/comfiguring with built in
SFX(reverb;sterio_join;wide_sterio;equalizer) NOT needing an SFX
'plugin' which others try to sell as 'shareware' addons. No shareware
here! SFX right out of the box, for free.)
http://www.deliplayer.com/

Deliplayer combined with "SecretAgent.pls" found at Soma_FM completes
my aural working day as background music:
http://www.somafm.com/
(awesome combination)

Winamp (generic)
Real Alternative
Media Player Classic 6.4.9.0

*ORGANIZERS
folder View (BIG time saver negotiating folders)
ClipMagic
treepad

*SECURITY
Adaware SE Personal
Spybot
Spywareblaster
ZoneAlarm

*SYSTEM UTILITIES
CCleaner 1.28.277
(using the NSA 7-pass wipe found under options/cookies)

ZSoft Uninstaller
Process Explorer

*TEXT
NoteTab Light (default/.txt)