Process Explorer
CrapCleaner
Notepad++
Flashnote
OE-Quote fix
Ditto
Clipboard Diary Utility

Lew/+Silat

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch."

bambam

What Freeware programs do you use *every* day?

Firefox
Thunderbird
AVG
Kerio
Magic Mail Monitor
WinPatrol
TClockEX
Xnews
Hamster
RunIt
Privoxy
SyncBack
ERUNT

David Cox

Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use *every* day?

DESKTOP
TClock
RocketDock

FILE UTILITIES

Allway Sync
Tugzip
GRAPHICS
IrfanView

INTERNET

Firefox
40tude Dialog
Thunderbird
Spampal
Sandboxie
Miranda
Filezilla
MULTIMEDIA

Winamp 2.80
VLC media player
ORGANIZERS

EssentialPIM
Rainlender
Calendar Magic
PROGRAMMING
None

SECURITY

AVG Free
Zone Alarm
Spybot S&D
SYSTEM UTILITIES

RegScrubXP
Regseeker
CCleaner
jv16 power tools
Eraser 5.3
TEXT

WEB DESIGN

Commercial Software

David

MLC

martedì 4 aprile 2006 MLC ha scritto:

[Internet] or [Web Design]

I forgot WordPress.

[Security]
I forgot Avast!.

Tony\(UK\)

Susan Bugher said:
Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use *every* day?
DESKTOP
None, not even wallpaper :)
FILE UTILITIES
Pablo commander
http://www.pablosoftwaresolutions.com/html/pablo_commander.html
File Targets http://www.moonsoftware.com/freeware.asp
File Note http://www.moonsoftware.com/freeware.asp
EZBackitup http://www.rdcomp.net/ezbackitup/
Cathy http://rvas.webzdarma.cz/
File List Generator http://home.a03.itscom.net/tsuzu/programing/en/
Picasa http://picasa.google.com/
IrfanView http://www.irfanview.com/
Paint.NET http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/paint.net/
Maxthon Browser http://www.maxthon.com/
FTP Wanderer http://www.pablosoftwaresolutions.com/html/ftp_wanderer.html
UTorrent 1.5 http://www.utorrent.com/
Outlook Express
Pimex MailExpress (for newsletters)
http://www.pimexonline.com/Products/mailexpress.htm
MULTIMEDIA
XMPlay audio player http://www.un4seen.com/
ORGANIZERS
The Diary from Overware systems (can't find a reference for download now -
will host it on my site soon)
MemPad http://home.mnet-online.de/horst.muc/win/index.html
TreePad Lite http://www.treepad.com/treepadfreeware/
PROGRAMMING
Commercial software used.
Windows Defender
Spyware Blaster http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
Startup Guard http://www.acelogix.com/freeware.html
Avast! Personal Edition http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html
SYSTEM UTILITIES
Page Defrag http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/PageDefrag.html
RegSeeker 1.45 http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm
NTREGOPT/ERUNT http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/
VisDIR Free Disc Space finder http://www.sb-software.com/visdir/
Locate32 http://locate32.webhop.org/
CCleaner http://www.ccleaner.com/
AutoRuns http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Autoruns.html
MetaPad http://liquidninja.com/metapad/
Word Tabs 3.25 http://omega5.port5.com/files/2004/wordtabs/
WEB DESIGN
Commercial software used.

All the best from Tony(UK)
http://www.tony-smith.me.uk (big update coming soon).

Susan Bugher

Tony(UK) said:
The Diary from Overware systems (can't find a reference for download now -
will host it on my site soon)

It's hosted on the PWH site. :) (The Diary was PW in 2001.)

Program: The Diary
Author: Overware Systems (Bob Dolan)
Install: (n.i.)
W: LFW
Ware: (Freeware) v 2.2
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/ftp/thediary.zip
All the best from Tony(UK)
http://www.tony-smith.me.uk (big update coming soon).

Yay! :)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

John Corliss

jb said:
NVU is great for learning css ;)

Every once in a while I'll see a web page with information that I feel I
should archive. I save the website in Firefox, open the page in NVu to
edit it down by removing elements I don't need and then save it.

That's about the only use I personally have for it, since I don't run
websites anymore nor do I create them for others. Never have been
interested in style sheets at all eithyer. 80)>

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett, Doc (who uses sock puppets)

Stan Weiss

Susan said:
Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use *every* day?

DESKTOP

FILE UTILITIES

GRAPHICS Irfanview

INTERNET
Netscape
Mozilla
FTP Explorer
yProxy
MULTIMEDIA VLC Player

ORGANIZERS

PROGRAMMING Commercial Software VB6, C

SECURITY
AVG Free Antivirus
Kerio Personal Firewall

Craig

El said:
Il 03 Apr 2006 18:36:29 GMT, Daniel Mandic ha scritto:

Internet Explorer is freeware?
Where can I download sources from?
....freeware, not open source. Yet.

<grin>

-Craig

George

The trick here is to list programs used every day. I have some that
autostart which technically are used every day. These include Windows
Defender, Spybot, WinPatrol, and uTorrent which I pause if I plan to
use the internet.

I only run spyware scanners once a week that that knocks them out of
the running.

There are really only 2 programs that I manually launch everyday. One
is my file manager, "xplorer2 lite" where I modified the registry to
launch "Super Finder" when I click on the find button in the file
manager. I don't actually move files around that much. I use it to
browse folders (the bookmarks help me navigate) and launch files by
double clicking on them.

The other program I use everyday is my web browser, "FireFox".

I think I will include SpywareBlaster as being indirectly used
everyday, at least when it blocks installation of spyware (though I
only update it once a week also).

Susan Bugher

Susan said:
Would anyone like to share? What Freeware programs do you use *every* day?

Thanks everybody. :) :) :)

It's interesting to see some programs turning up in several different
categories (and most people put clocks in DESKTOP rather than
ORGANIZERS. My (tiny) list is below. I'll do a summary RSN. . . ;)
FILE UTILITIES 7-Zip

Mozilla
uTorrent

TreePad

SECURITY
AVG
ZoneAlarm

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Mark Carter

KinKade*~ said:
Seconds before spontaneously combusting <Susan Bugher> at

Passively (I don't actually need to run anything, it runs aoutmatically):
Privoxy
TClockEx

The ones I use "deliberately" each day:
Firefox