Microsoft W10 v Linux Mint Cinnamon 18.2

Reaction score
This morning my wife called me and asked to access her PC which is Windows 10 and send her a document, being a loving husband I said I would. Well I haven't used W10 since December 2015 what a nightmare!!!!. When I eventually found the document she wanted I had to copy and send it another nightmare, the whole thing took about 1/2 hour. Windows 10 seems to have changed from the Windows 10 I knew in 2015 when I transfered to Linux Mint Cinnamon 17.1 which at the time was easy but coming back to W10 and trying to use it never, never, NEVER EVER AGAIN. The comparison between the two for ease of use is and understanding is Linux Mint Cinnamon 18.2 all the way it is so simple. I know the terminology used in Linux is alien but for someone who has not used W10 before it must be a nightmare, or is it just me as I have not kept up with the changes that W10 has gone through over the last couple of years.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Half an hour!!??

Are the two PC's on the same network? Hell just use Google Drive!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Don't know about W10 as I have never used it. Have just set up a fresh install of W7 and found the whole thing very tedious. Lots of reboots, lots of stopping non essential services and having to install essential programs to replace the Microsoft offerings.
I was surprised at how easy it was to swap the os from a 250Gb hdd to a 120GB ssd with the W7 tools. All in all though I will hopefully never ever need to use Windows as my main os. The thought of having to deal with Windows on a daily basis sends shudders down my spine.

:cool:

Reaction score
And so say all of us, I found after 2 years of not using Windows 10 confusing after using Linux I have to admit that Windows 7 was my favorite of the Microsoft offerings though.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
press the Start button ... start typing the name of the file, she did tell you what it was called, yes? ... right-click the file, Send To

8 seconds

the end

:p

Reaction score
press the Start button ... start typing the name of the file, she did tell you what it was called, yes? ... right-click the file, Send To

8 seconds

the end

:p
No she did not, but not having used MS10 for 2 years it was a bloody nightmare. Not going there again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question