Sorry I have not been on the site for ages

Reaction score
Please accept my apologies everyone as I have not been on site for sometime for two reasons (1) haven’t been two well (2)and I forgot my password ( put brain down somewhere and then couldn’t find it). Well as you already know I have dumped Microsoft and am using the user friendly Linux Mint Cinnamon 19 64bit and honestly would NEVER return to W10. My wife uses W10 and have tried to convert her but to no avail she is happy with it so who am I to attempt to force her as I would like to live a long and happy life.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Really good to see you again @bootneck02 - I was wondering how you were doing :). Hope you're on the mend now!

Reaction score
Yes I am fine now, I had to go for a driving test the other day to prove that I am still able to comply to driving standards, they are rolling out this all over the country to ensure us old gimmers are still OK to drive. The test is done by the Local Athority, Kent in my case the test takes about 3/4 hour and covers a, b and local roads, I have to admit before the test I was a little worried that they would take my licence away but I passed OK. This is rolled all over the country and all persons over 70 can be called to take it. I think this is great because there many older people who are not capable and should not be in charge of a motor vehicle for the public's safety.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome back bootneck :)

hope my sister isn't called to redo her test, she's my taxi when we go out. :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Welcome back @bootneck02! Sorry to hear you've not been well but hope you're doing a lot better now. Great news about passing the driving test :thumb:

Reaction score
Thank you all for the welcome back, but life has been a bit complicated just recently and haven’t been on the PC much.:thumb::user::thumb:

Reaction score
welcome back bootneck :)

hope my sister isn't called to redo her test, she's my taxi when we go out. :D

Hi Mr Mucks, should she get called for the test tell her not to worry, I did but needlessly. They take introduce to the car that you are going to drive, adjust the seat to a comfortable position and check your mirrors and adjust to how you want them. They will direct you to the route they want you to take in plenty of time. They are looking for sensible driving if in country roads the speed of the car should resemble reasonable speed not two slow and not two fast, if in a speed limit keep as close to the speed limit as possible and give way to on coming traffic overtaking parked vehicles. If in a 30 mph area keep as close to 30mph as possible. if on A or B roads where possible keep to the 60mph speed limit but be prepared to slow down depending ,on any hazards. The whole test is about 3/4 and a great relive when you complete the drive. They will then tell how you did and any problems you had and then tell you whether you have passed or not. The examiner I had was very gentle and only did he make any remarks he wanted to make at the end test and at no time during did he criticise anything until we returned to the parking lot.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hiya Boots! :) Fella I speak to down the pub sometimes is over 70 and he said Enterprise Car Hire wouldn't hire him a motor anymore as he's too old. So he bought one instead.

Glad to hear you passed their test ok, it'll come to me sooner than I realise no doubt.

Reaction score
I must admit it came as a bit of a shock to me when I first got the letter, I also supposed that as a ex HGV and blue lights driver I wouldn’t have to it, silly me.:lol:But I passed that is the main thing. I did not know that they were doing that.

Ask a Question