MESH ( or MESS)

Reaction score
Today I finally gave up on MESH COMPUTERS and after what has been a nightmare month have cancelled my order. We ordered two desktop systems and parted with £1598.14 on 11/11/04 and the systems were built and delivered. The delivery left a lot to be desired and the packages were all over the van and had been not been secured. My partner having worked in I T refused to accept them and they were returned with a promise from MESH that they would be replaced with totally new systems. This was a blow to our company and we were reluctantly talked out of canceling the order. MESH promised a new delivery date and again we changed our plans to open a second office to allow MESH time to fulfill the order. I spoke to mesh myself a week ago, to be told that the systems were with the carrier and would be with us on time. Today I am told that the systems are not ready, have not been dispatched and so again our second office cannot open. I have cancelled the order. This company is by far the worst I have ever experienced. I have now requested a return of fund to my credit account and will keep you informed as to how this progresses

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
As soon as you send anything back to internet companys your going to be in for a long wait, i havent known anybody to have a smooth ride once they've sent something back which they bought off the net. The company is willing to take th emoney out of your back A.S.A.P but there as stubborn as a mule when they have to give it back!

Reaction score
UPDATE ON MESH COMPUTER PROBLEMS

MESH COMPUTER PROBLEM

Letter requesting return of funds to credit card. recieved by MESH on 15/12/04.

17/12/04
phoned and after being told that Amit Patel was now at his desk by KARL GRADY. Called reception and was diverted to AMIT PATELs desk. left message on AMIT PATELs answer phone at 11:36 on 17/12/04.
Called again at 12:08 to be told that AMIT PATEL was on the phone and would call me back in a few minutes.
Called back by AMIT PATEL at 12:34 and given his personal assurance that funds will be in my account by Wednesday 22/12/04. I have assured him that legal action will be instigated if this is not the case.
He has stated that this will be done after inspection of goods. I reminded him that he has had the goods since they were returned last month and that the packages were damaged on arrival here.
Will keep you all informed.

Reaction score
Sent 'LETTER BEFORE ACTION' today as no funds returned yet. Wednesday 22/12/04 is the deadline and after that the courts can sort it out.

BEWARE MESH COMPUTERS ARE NOT HONOURABLE TO DEAL WITH

Reaction score
UPDATE. To MESH COMPUTERS ( via forum reply(other forum)) informed the world that a refund has been issued today. They have not imformed me and unless i had read the forum would not be aware and a county court N1 form would have been issued tomorrow. In good faith we now wait the 28/12/04, ths being the date that such a payment will show in our accounts. They have also made statements that systems were perfect with only scuff marks on boxes. Below is my reply posted on forums today.

UPDATE. I have spoken to CREDIT CARD SERVICES and it would seem that it takes 4 working days for the refund to show. That will be the 28/12/04 and of course I will be back with what i sincerly hope will be good news. We will in good faith hold off on the County Court N1 form until that date. The top corner of one of the large boxes was crushed inwards and the smaller box held tobether with (our) parcel tape had burst open. The contents of this box were all over the van. Perhaps you should try communicating with your customers in future.When i complained to your customer services I was told that they have issues with AMTRAK and this was not the first problem of this sort.I will of course keep true to my word and update this and other postings on this matter. You have my contact details.

Reaction score
UPDATE. EMAILS RECEIVED & SENT Today.

Received from MESH.
Dear Mr Cronin,

I would not under normal circumstances contact a customer myself unless as a response to forum posting. I apologise if you were led to believe that I would.

The goods have been restocked and paperwork raised for refund. I am currently pushing this through our accounts department so the payment is initiated today. There is usually 3 working days before you can draw upon the funds transferred but in most cases the amount being transferred starts to show on the destination account the next day. If in doubt your credit card supplier should be able to confirm that there are funds inbound. Additionally to this I can also provide you with a copy of the digital receipt issued to us by Merchant Services to show that we have started the transfer.

I also note that you have a letter sent to Amit Patel. Do you still require a response from Amit, or can I consider the letter responded to? With the latter I of course acknowledge your intents should we not proceed with the refund as I have stated.
Davey Whyte
Technical Services Administration
Mesh Computers PLC

REPLY.
Please send the proof. The Letter to Amit Patel is a necessary step in any legal proceedings that would take place. If the funds are returned to our account the matter is closed and a posting to this effect will be sent to the forums where this matter has been made public. I will add that this matter has cost us a lot of time and money, the boxes with the brown parcel tape on ( one small, one large) I resealed myself. It is not the physical condition that is in question but the integrity of the systems after being subjected to this sort of treatment.
As an engineer I am sure you will understand that.

Chris Cronin

Director
SmallPackagesCo Ltd

Reaction score
Today the refund was completed and we are now able to purchase systems and get on with our business. However we did receive a letter from MESH with a returns label ? requesting we return the systems which they have had since last month. Lets hope it was meant for us and not someone who is in a similar situation.THE END

Reaction score
Sort yourself out Mesh !

Posted on another thread but worth repeating I think.

I have had similar answers on a number of threads that Mesh used to be good in the old days.
I have written to PC Advisor saying that a health warning should be issued with their top ten lists where Mesh feature every time and entice you in..
Anyway yet another opportunity to have a pop at Mesh . It is so easy, all true and why they spend so much advertising but then destroy their image I do not know.

I wonder why they do not just sort out their PR and Customer Care, Refund money in the time quoted (as everyone knows in these Forums. I am still owed a refund since April 24th 2005). It would be cheaper for them in the end.
This months PC Advisor have it in hard copy that Mesh have issues with a number of customers.
Davey Whyte of Mesh who seems to be assigned to trawl these forums trying to put things right but getting absolutely nowhere with his management backup said yesterday Quote "There is no question about the refund coming" . Why not just pay it and shut me up then.

If you like emailing and being ignored, sitting in call queues, being passed around, getting loads of apologies but never a result go ahead and Buy a Mesh.

Reaction score
Credit Card Protection Forget it !

Smallpack I wish you well with your optimistic hope of a complete refund
This is a long input but please everyone read in if you pay by Credit Card. Forget what you think about Distance Selling Regulations Assuming you have read all the horror stories about Mesh you will know how mentally scarred I am now .
Are you like me thinking that if you buy on your credit card you have some sort of mysterious protection. If so read on.
I have been in dispute with Mesh since April 24th 2005. Returned a PC that just turned up at the door even though I had cancelled it at the ordering stage weeks earlier. Months of hassle.
Put the amount paid in dispute with the credit card company. Got my refund eventually bit minus £42 delivery charge. Considering this was their cock up I told the Credit Card company who said my dispute was marked as "Resolved" as Mesh as paid most of it. To make it worse even though i pay my balance in full each month by DDR I got stung for Interest of about £26.
No amount of screraming and bawling at the credit card company can make them see that this is totally unjust. Mesh made the cockup and they should not have marked it as resolved
This is an email extract from Halifax Credit Card Services today

I appreciate the problems you have experienced with Mesh Computers, however
i must advise that a credit card is a guaranteed form of payment, therefore
when you disclose your card number to a merchant, you are in effect
authorising them to debit your account for the transaction. We have very
strict guidelines when assisting with disputes and in situations such as
this we have no rights of recourse.

I hope you are able to obtain a satisfactory conclusion to this matter with
the merchant concerned.

Reaction score
Hi :)
I have started a thread called Mesh Computers, if you are a Mesh Victim it may be worth reading, skip the first post which is just my boring rant, second post may provide some help, third post suggests how we may be able to stop Mesh behaving so badly.
For those Mesh Victims who do not already know, I have just found out there is a Home Authority Officer at the London Borough of Brent Trading Standards who compiles all the complaints about Mesh Computers from victims wherever they live. I would urge all Mesh Victims, past and present, to spend just a few minutes and let her know of your bad experiences of Mesh so that fewer people in the future will have to suffer in the way we have suffered.
Her details are :-
Name: Ms. Paula Anderson.
Phone: 020 8937 5555 for Brent Trading Standards Reception who will put you through to her.
Email: (e-mail address removed) with “F.A.O. Ms. Paula Anderson Re: Mesh Computers” as the title of your message.
Letter: F.A.O. Ms. Paula Anderson Re: Mesh Computers, Brent Trading Standards, Quality House, 249 Willesden Lane, Willesden, London, NW2 5JH.
Finally, if you are quick off the mark and intending to phone, please wait until Monday 11th July when Ms. Anderson returns from holiday.
Regards,
MeshVictim.

Together we can make a difference.

Reaction score
Dejavue

Would you believe that we were also with HALIFAX at the time and because of the very same problems have moved our Business accounts elsewhere. Our problem is as you know resolved, we sympathise with anyone caught up with these companies. There is only one course of action, seek professional legal advice and be prepared to go all the way. You can seek costs and as long as you have made every effort to come to an out of court settlement. YOU HAVE A VERY GOOD CHANCE OF WINNING COSTS.

Smallpackagesco Ltd

Reaction score
I too have had no end of problems with MESH, I cannot believe how they are still trading. I was supplied a machine with a faulty hard drive, not that I new this at the time, and they had me reinstalling windows all over the place - of course I didn't have the discs I needed to had to wait for them, then the drivers didn't install and I had to wait for a disc for that!

Anyway long story short - after 2/3 months of it going wrong, I said that there must be something very wrong with this computer and I want a refund, it was at that point that someone said that it might be a faulty hard drive and they could fix it for me, I said that I didn't want it fixed I wanted a refund.

For a month they refused, saying that I had to tell them within a month! I finally took the PC back to them personally and a month later, not the 2 days quoted I was told it was a faulty hard drive and I could have a refund, I thought finally that is the end of it ........ But no ..... that was 2 weeks ago.

Now everyday that I call, they say the refund is being put through today!

Thanks so Mesh Victim I think it is I have been intouch with trading standards a few times and I've wrote and told her the latest.

Looking at other various threads this could go on for months so maybe I should do what others are doing and take them to court.

What a useless company!

Oh today I am waiting for a call back from Amit Patel, nothing yet surprise surprise.

Reaction score
I have to say that I received my refund within 2 days.

It was about the only thing they did correctly though....

Reaction score
I was reading on PC advisors forum (sorry If I'm not allowed to mention that?) of the amount of people waiting for refunds so I went into overdrive and sent emails to everyone over there and posted on the forum, and then called them again, as still no call back from Amit, and guess what he was busy.

But something has worked as they say it is going through tomorrow and someone is going to ring when it has been done and email me the receipt and davey said to contact him again if this isn't done. So lets see if they do the right thing.

Reaction score
feck, anyone know a way of getting them to sort things out, quickly?
no don't laugh, i'm being serious, thanks for the trading standard info,
will never say a bad word against pc world, ever!

Reaction score
MESH (or MESS)

If in doubt about MESH complain to the following, unlike MESH they listen:
Trading Standards, DTI, local MP, IT Press or see if your
European Human Rights r being violated!
(well everyone use's it these days to complain about something!!)

Reaction score
I finally got my refund, I would say just hassle the hell out of everyone until you get somewhere, send emails to everyone at mesh and keep ringing. And curse the day that you ever got involved with Mesh!

Ask a Question