Medal of Honor: Airborne Thread

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
A + R list? What's that then Ted? :confused:
Sorry lazy typing, i mean Add and Remove Programs list. :)

Just looked at my A+R list and its only listed as 459MB but the install folder in program files is 8.44GB!?!? Anyone else get this? So i'm the only one then?

@Flops, sorry but thats got me.... I'll have a look round today see what i can find, but as Ian said i've not seen this mentioned before....:(

michael 118 said:
I have the BFG 8800GTS card, and i do very occasionally get that problem on the airborne demo. The only time that happens is when the card is at a slightly higher temp than normal; i know you do say you are big on coolers but since I have the same card as you, thats my only thought.
How hot? is it throttling? Install Rivatuner and set up a fan profile for about 80% that will keep the card a lot cooler. (The default is 60%) I use that all the time now, my card is runing at 650/2000 and it newver goes above 70C with a fan duty cycle of 80% (anymore and it get s loud, but i game with headphone so it dont bother me. You only need a 100% profile on hot summer days.) ;)

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've actually uninstalled the game now, but may try another install with sound card disabled.

I have the Antec 900 gamer's case with a Noctua 120mm fan mounted on the side panel blowing directly at the graphics card, so it should be cool enough.

The game was mounted on a RAID 0 config consisting of 2 x Western Digital 74Gb Raptor drives.

Thing is, if it runs Bioshock and Oblivion ok at full res, surely it should cope with MOH Airborne?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Temps should be fine for you Flops. I doubt thats a issue. I am wondering if its a software conflict somewhere maybe? As i cant find any other similar problems with other people. I've read about people with graphics problems and random stuttering now and again. But not anything as bad as your having. :(

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
perhaps its a sign that you should wait for the game to come out? :p

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
It is out, we're talking about the game not the demo. ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm going to hang on to the game, I'll play it at medium res on my machine number 2 but it is cheesing me off a bit, tbh :(

Assuming I like the game, that is.... ;)

I'm wondering whether to post on a forum that the game's manufacturer will read - anybody know of such a forum? (Yes I know I could Google but personal recommendation is better, is it not? ;) )

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
dont know if you tried it yet, but how about switching around video cards?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Alf said:
dont know if you tried it yet, but how about switching around video cards?

Funnily enough, that was going through my mind when I spotted your post.

Lot of agro though innit, swapping cards?

I may very well do that but probably not until the weekend.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I think i'm nearly dont with this, am on the 5th level. Way to short..... :(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I'm wondering whether to post on a forum that the game's manufacturer will read - anybody know of such a forum? (Yes I know I could Google but personal recommendation is better, is it not? ;) )

There's the official EA forums, which I hope they read - and it might prompt a response from someone else that has had the problem too. If so, they might look into it :thumb:

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/category.jspa?categoryID=67

V_R said:
I think i'm nearly dont with this, am on the 5th level. Way to short..... :(

How many hours gameplay have you got from it so far? Is it something that could be finished in less than a weekend?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Not sure really Ian i didn't notice how long, but yeah a weekend if you stomped through, some bits are tricky though, the bridge at market Garden being one.:)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks Ian, gotta go out now but I'll get round to posting there.

Am seriously considering trying to get my money back though, tbh.

I've just installed TOCA Race Driver 3; NFS Most wanted with 1.3 patch and NFS Underground 2, all of which run fine.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Looks like I spoke too soon, TOCA Race Driver Three is now displaying the same symptoms.

Extremely slow start cut scene then freezing.

So - what have MOH Airborne and TOCA Race Driver 3 have in common then? And what the hell is causing this?

Hardware? Software?

Tomorrow I may try swapping vid cards, though it's a pain and I got some work to do tomorrow, locally.

This is making me :wall:

Reaction score
Hows everyone getting on?

Been playing today getting very frustrated swearing at the screen lol

Those germans are buggers huh. They seem to jump out of bushs and ambush you nasty sods! Just completed the Takeing down of the big prewarning aerial and watch tower thingy. Plodding on now through the town cant remember name. Looks great though. I do get some on screen lag even with my 6800gs's in SLI not sure why. This game generates a lot of heat aswell some major major number crunching going on on the GPU's I think.

All in all im enjoying it so far. Just hope I dont start punching the screen though lol

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well i am up to the Flack Tower, at the end i think. Got upgrades for most of the weapons, didn't have time to finish the flack tower level, but i think its the last one. will continue later today. :)

Good game but too short.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
From what you said above i'd say your on the market garden level, the town. Which would put you about half way through. :)

Look out for the guys with the Panzerfausts.

Reaction score
Just completed it about 20mins ago. I never bothered with all the secret stuff like the landing sites and what not just wanted to get it finished. I was starting to get a little aggitated because they found it so easy to kill me from 4 energy bars to none in seconds even though I was shooting at them point blank GRRRRR

Anyway all done after plenty of ducking and diving with muliple swear words thrown in for good measure. I will probs uninstall it now cant see me playing it again for a while and need the space. As you said V_R it is very good however very short. I'm not sure it's worth £25?! Maybe they will bring out a add-on pack for it with a couple more missions.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I completed it for the second time last night, now have all weapons upgraded to level three, As TD says will probably not play it again now. Need a new challenge.....

Crysis demo in a week!!! :D

Ask a Question