Hard Reset (PC Exclusive!)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Looks like this could be a good fun game, its only on the PC so its not a port, demo is out now on Steam, or if you dont have Steam (?!) you can DL it from Gamers Hell.

Flying Wild Hog announced its debut game, the dark sci-fi first-person shooter, Hard Reset. The PC-exclusive title transports players to a haunting, dystopian future, with humanity on the verge of extinction, confined to its last standing city and under constant threat from the robotic hordes that aim to annihilate mankind. Hard Reset is scheduled for release in September 2011.

In the only remaining human city of Bezoar, Major Fletcher, an Army Combat Veteran and soldier of the CLN, is dragged into a conflict between two of mankind's greatest enemies. He is to discover that nothing is what it seems to be.

Hard Reset may be Flying Wild Hog's debut title, but the 35-person studio is comprised of veterans of Warsaw's bustling development scene, with past experience at such renowned developers as People Can Fly, CD Projekt RED and City Interactive, where they worked on acclaimed games like Bulletstorm, Painkiller, The Witcher 2, Sniper and more. Hard Reset is built upon the studio's own Road Hog technology, which delivers stunning visuals that bring the game's incredible atmosphere to life.

Given the game's rapidly approaching release date, expect much more information and footage of Hard Reset in the coming weeks and months. In the meantime, visit http://hardresetgame.com and follow the game's progress on Twitter and Facebook
Hard Reset is an action-packed, single-player shooter for the PC. Set in a cyberpunk city, Hard Reset
emphasizes over-the-top destruction and gives you a large variety of weapons to dispatch hordes of enemies.

The world as we know it ceased to exist. Humanity is at the verge of extinction, living in the last closed city of Bezoar. Mankind wages war against the machines controlling vast areas of what became the 'Barrens'. Machines want to control and assimilate 'The Sanctuary' a network that holds billions of digitalized human minds. Our hero, Maj. Fletcher, is a soldier of CLN - a corporation combat unit, established to protect the city. Machines are constantly assaulting the walls of Bezoar. Fletcher moves in when Bezoar's protective barrier is breached.

Why is it good?

A haunting cyberpunk / dark sci-fi setting
Fast-paced, old-school shooter gameplay
Hordes of enemies to destroy
Epic boss fights
A deep, experience-based weapon upgrade system
High-fidelity graphics with full dynamic lighting
Extensive use of physics and dynamic environments

System Requirements
Minimum:

Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64
Memory: 2 GB
Hard Disk Space: 4 GB free hard drive space
Video Card: 512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800GS / ATI Radeon HD 3870 or better
DirectX©: DirectX 9.0c
Sound: DirectX Compatible

Recommended:

Processor: Intel Quad Core 2.3 GHz / AMD Phenom II x4 2.5 GHz
Memory: 3 GB
Hard Disk Space: 4 GB free hard drive space
Video Card: 512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT / ATI Radeon HD 4870 or better
DirectX©: DirectX 9.0c
Sound: DirectX Compatible

In the only remaining human city of Bezoar, Major Fletcher, an Army Combat Veteran and soldier of the CLN, is dragged into a conflict between two of mankind's greatest enemies. He is to discover that nothing is what it seems to be.

Hard Reset is an action-packed, single-player shooter for the PC. With over-the-top destruction, loads of enemies, great weapon variety and a beautifully realized cyberpunk setting, Hard Reset is sure to shake up the shooter scene.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/98400/
http://hardresetgame.com/

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Not my video, but some demo gameplay here... Love the way the gun glows red when it gets hot. :D

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Not normally one for games like this, but I like this one, will wait till morning when less beer has been drunk and my coordination is a bit better :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
One thing - save system?

I'm almost at the point where I'm going to stop buying PC games with autosave.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
It has checkpoints, i died and it put me back to the last auto save.

What don't you like about them?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It has checkpoints, i died and it put me back to the last auto save.

What don't you like about them?

The fact that I don't like dying a 100 times and then having to play the same stretch through again. And again and again.

Not including a manual save facility in a game is often because the game has been console ported and the makers are just too lazy to code it in.

Game menus should include an option: Choose 'Autosave' or 'Manual save'.

I'm currently playing Alice The Madness Returns and have almost finished level one (there are six levels). But where I am in the game atm I've died three times at the end of level main battle. I feel confident I'll beat that part but each time I die it takes me back about three levels and I have to do it all over again, including some very tricky manouvres which are as frustrating as hell.

Three more tries and afraid this game will join the pile of games I just got the pox with.

Here's an interesting viewpoint, it does focus on LA Noire but most of the article is valid to all games:

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/713833/la-noire-and-save-games-dont-mess-with-my-reload/

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
FREE DLC!!!!

Well, it doesn't happen often, and if you haven't got this its worth it for the price, i still haven't finished it mind. :blush:

But will have to play it again now. :thumb:
Well, this sort of came out of nowhere – not that I’m complaining, mind you. After already waving its magically miserly wand and poofing our dusty old copies of Hard Reset into shiny Extended Editions for free, Flying Wild Hog’s seen fit to hand out yet another freebie. Titled “Exile,” it’s available now and sends Major Fletcher into “the Barrens – dangerous lands beyond the last human city of Bezoar, where our hero will meet new foes and make new friends.” Friendship always was my favorite part of Hard Reset.

So then, what’s on the docket this time? Well, for zero item-obtaining monetary units, you get five new levels outside Bezoar, four new enemies, a new boss fight, two new survival maps, and more achievements – because objectives aren’t real unless they come with achievements.
I’m especially liking the sound of outdoor levels, seeing as Hard Reset’s dark cyberpunk cityscapes – though quite easy on even the least cybernetically enhanced of eyes – got a little same-y after a while. Also, Flying Wild Hog created a pretty magnificent engine, so it’ll be nice to see it flex its bulging graphical biceps on some happy little bushes and trees. Or, well, maybe some vines, anyway. I can’t think of too many dark cyberpunk worlds overflowing with lush vegetation.
Regardless, merely go here, open Steam, and the DLC will be yours. And if you don’t already own Hard Reset, well, it’s only $15. With the amount of post-launch content Flying Wild Hog’s pumped into its sleek, modern tribute to old-school shooting, there are far, far worse deals out there.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/07/12/gift-that-keeps-on-gibbing-hard-resets-free-dlc/

Hard Reset: Exile continues the original story.

Follow Major Fletcher into the Barrens - dangerous lands beyond the last human city of Bezoar, where our hero will meet new foes and make new friends. Get ready for more machine madness!

Hard Reset: Exile features:

Five new levels outside Bezoar
Four new enemy types
New boss fight
Two new survival maps
Additional achievements

Hard Reset: Exile is Free to owners of Hard Reset.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/98400/

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I looked at this earlier today as I have Hard Reset on Steam. First of all, if you're interested and you already have Hard Reset don't follow V_R's link to the game as you won't be logged in and you may pay money again to buy the game and DLC if you're not careful. Just open Steam as normal and search for 'Hard Reset'. That's what I did and apparently I already have the free dlc. So I opened 'Extras' in menu and nothing there but the four levels (from 12) I've played through.

So done a bit of reading and it seems the free DLC is five extra levels and part of the main game, it's not a stand-alone thingie.

Just in case anybody else got as confused as me :)

And yes, it's a good game, up there with Half Life, Wolfenstein et al, but I'm currently stuck on level 4. Have almost made it about ten times now, feel like I can do it but if I don't do it soon then this will be yet another game I can't crack and have wasted money on.

Ask a Question