Sleeping Dogs

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Kinda passed me by did this, but it looks promising, and is getting some decent reviews too....

http://store.steampowered.com/app/202170/?snr=1_7_suggest__13

About the Game

Welcome to Hong Kong, a vibrant neon city teaming with life, whose exotic locations and busy streets hide one of the most powerful and dangerous criminal organizations in the world: the Triads.
In this open world game, you play the role of Wei Shen, an undercover cop trying to take down the Triads from the inside out. You'll have to prove yourself worthy as you fight your way up the organization, taking part in brutal criminal activities without blowing your cover. Torn between your loyalty to the badge and a criminal code of honor, you will risk everything as the lines between truth, loyalty and justice become permanently blurred.

Key Features:

• A mature and gritty undercover cop drama in which you risk blowing your cover at any time.
  • Explosive action fueled by a seamless mix of deadly martial arts, intense gunfights and brutal takedowns.
  • Epic high-speed thrills: Burn up the streets or tear up the sea in a vast array of exotic cars, superbikes and speedboats.
  • Hong Kong is your playground: Enter illegal races, gamble on cock fights, or kick back with some karaoke. There are countless ways to entertain yourself in Hong Kong's diverse districts.

System Requirements

• Minimum:
    • Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or Althon X2 2.7 GHz
    • Memory: 2GB
    • Hard Disk Space: 15GB
    • Video Card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card, ATI Radeon 3870 or higher, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT or higher
    • DirectX®: 10
    • Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
  • Recommended:
    • Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
    • Memory: 4GB
    • Hard Disk Space: 15GB
    • Video Card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 or ATI Radeon 6950
    • DirectX®: 11
    • Sound: DirectX compatible sound card

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Seen loads about it, looks like it would be more fun on a console though, or with a controller. Grand Theft Auto: Wannabe!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Seen loads about it, looks like it would be more fun on a console though, or with a controller. Grand Theft Auto: Wannabe!
I have a wireless 360 pad for the PC for games like these. :)

I've put it on my Steam wishlist but £30? No way.

Me wait for sale :)

Same here, I've got too many games I've not finished as it is!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It may be a GTA_IV wannabe but it does look exceedingly violent and of course the scenery is different.

There are those who compare Saints Row The Third with GTA_IV as well but the difference is chalk and cheese, SRTT is a helluva lot more fun for a start. Same rules may apply between GTA_IV & Sleeping Dogs.

I've also got an Xbox 360 Wireless controller, well, two of 'em tbh, you do really need two to play the two characters in the more recent Lego games.

Both powered, on V_R's recommendation, with Venom battery packs. Superb :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah yes, them batter packs are well worth the cash. :)

Ask a Question