* Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card or motherboard audio

Recommended PC Specs

* Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP , Vista or Windows 7
* Processor: Intel Core i7 or AMD Phenom II
* Memory: 3GB
* Video: ATi Radeon HD 5700 Series
* Hard disk: 10GB
* DirectX Version: 11

Ok, so i cracked and bought it, proloading on steam as i type. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
"This item is not currently available through preorder or live order."

Hi all, just wanted to pop in here to clarify the situation regarding the availability PC version. So here is what's happening for the various territories.

UK – If you’ve pre-ordered a box copy of F1 2010, you’ll receive a boxed, copy of the game on disc. Amazon.co.uk is still taking PC box pre-orders and will continue to do so until the day before launch. At launch, the PC edition of F1 2010 will be exclusively available via digital download.

US - The PC edition of F1 2010 is exclusively available via digital download; pre-orders are now available via Steam and other digital outlets.

All other territories - Boxed copies available for pre-orders and at launch (while stocks last), digital downloads also available.
http://community.codemasters.com/fo.../426848-pre-orders-only-24th.html#post6471733

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
This from Shop.to:

"If you pre-order Formula One 2010 (F1) before 12pm on Wednesday 22nd of September 2010 we will guarantee that you will receive it by the release date of Friday 24th of September 2010, if you do not receive it we will compensate you with £3.00 on your shopto account"

So who's telling porkies then?

Codemasters or Shop.to?

Did anybody pre-order the game from Shop.to?

I didn't, I'm going to pass on this one, racing games just ain't any good without a wheel and the only decent wheel worth having atm is from Logitech and they are sincerely taking the **** with the money they want for it.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well i'd have to go with codemasters as i have meter heard of shop to.net....

Im not saying i agree with what is being done by the way....

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I hadn't heard of Shop.to prior to crazylegs' post on the 4th either but if you read his post/thread you'll note he says he's had good service from them previously so they look to be good.

I've never had too much faith in Codemasters myself tbh, too many flawed games without solutions in one too many cases, in my experience. And they spam me to bits.

Still, apart from that if this game lives up to it's promises it does look quite fabulous :)

I'm not one for being up to date, either, I'm still musing whether to buy Dirt 2 for the Xbox after trying the demo, seems very good to me but cheapest I can find it thus far is fifteen quid.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
codemasters are a joke, well, you have to laugh at them or cry ... :nod:

I only play one game from them, LoTRO ... it went Free2Play with a major free expansion on the 10th September, well, the rest of the world did, except codemasters ain't ready, yet!

You can be sure of one thing with codemasters, it'll be late. ;)

:user:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Codemasters make good racing games. ;)

Grid, and Dirt anyone?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Dirt never ran on mine or my friends' machines.

No patch was ever forthcoming.

I will concede TOCA 3 was good, I enjoyed that.

GRID didn't work at all well with my Thrustmaster wheel, I uninstalled it eventually.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Dirt did get patched, 2 IIRC. :)

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/dirt-pc-859

I forgot about TOCA, got it in the steam sale for about £3 and not installed it yet!

Shame about Grid though, thats a good game too.

I play racing games with the 360 pad and when i can be bothered i get the G25 out, great fun but a bit of faffing to get it set up...

Can't wait for my Wheel Stand Pro to turn up and then get GT5. Will be great! :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
After I installed Win 7 (almost a year ago now innit?) my Thrustmaster steering wheel only worked with two games, IIRC it was Live For Speed and GTR Evolution. I recently sold the wheel on Ebay for £35.00, it worked quite well in Win XP but that was about it.

I still play a few racing games, including GRID, with the Xbox gamepad but I think a wheel definitely adds greatly to the enjoyment.

All the wheels I've looked at is a bit crap apart from the Logi G27 @ £240.00. And I refuse to pay that amount of money for a steering wheel on principle.

I have some racing games on the Xbox 360 and am enjoying those ok with a gamepad, seems easier on the Xbox than the PC.

DIRT didn't work for me mate or me and it's still sitting on his shelf unplayable. Both he and I patched it but it didn't make any difference so that's why I said a patch was not forthcoming, there wasn't a patch issued that solved our problem.

He tried it first on a Pentium 3Ghz, the one before the Core Duo socket 775 series and then on his i7 machine - no go on each.

It hasn't worked for me on three different machines.

TOCA 3 will only work in XP btw, I don't know if Steam have modded it to work in Win 7, if they have I may have some of that meself.

I can remember playing TOCA 1, a green Ford Fiesta I think I used to use, round Brands Hatch, that worked ok but TOCA 2 had some glitches.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I agree, £240 for a wheel is silly money.... Such a shame you cant get the G25 anymore....

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ok, this is out today, whos got it!?

I'm going to play it tonight and them get my G25 and Wheel Stand Pro out for it tomorrow and sit infront of my big ass tv all day! lol, she will be pleased...!
laughingsmiley.gif

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
F1 2010

Hey guys and girls.

Has anybody purchase F1 2010 yet ? And if you have what are your first thoughts/impressions ?
I am only asking cause I am thinking of buying it. But would like to know others experience, thoughts of the game before shelling out for it.

Ta in andvance

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
ENB F1 2010 Colours Mod

Should work on all tracks, its just 3 files that you need to drop into the games directory where you find the f1_2010_game.exe file. (As with other EnB Game mods for different games)

http://www.mediafire.com/?nqns04d44tesgdd

Use Shift & F12 to turn the mod on and off.

(Not my screenshots below by the way, taken from another forum)

BEFORE

f1_2010_game2010-09-27ncgu.jpg

AFTER

f1_2010_game2010-09-27bdjk.jpg

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Looks pretty decent. My minds made up. I am off to Game tomorrow to go and purchase the game :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
EvanDavis said:
Sorry I couldn't find your thread. So ya can move this one or close it if need be. So the game is worth buying then ? Are you using a wheel or keyboard for controls ? I use keyboard for all my racing games, just could never get to grips with a wheel.

No probs, I've merged and tidied the thread's up. :)

I use a Wireless Xbox 360 Controller or if i can be bothered to set it up a G25, both are 100times better than KB & Mouse.

G25 (or any wheel) is the way to go though. I'd say it may actually be easier with the wheel then the pad. For once! lol

Yes the game is good. and i've just been messing with forced DX11. :D

Looks way better, Have read its a little buggy, but not seen anything yet...

Some Screenies for you......

Forcing DX11 breaks the EnB Mod BTW, so i've lost the nicer colour pallet, for now.

Screenies originally @ 1920x1200, Everything on Ultra or High if no ultra setting with 8xCSAA

First up 100% STOCK

f1201001.png

f1201002.png

DX11 Forced....

f1201005.png

f1201006.png

f1201008.png

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I think I might have to look into getting a wheel then as well or an xbox controller. Those are some pretty impressive screen shots I might add.
Thanks for merging the 2 threads :thumb:

Ask a Question