Assassins Creed

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Has anyone played Assassins Creed for the 360 or PS3? I've heard good things about it and it is coming out on the PC in a few weeks :D

However, just look at the recommended specs of the game! :eek:

Supported OS: Windows XP / Vista (only)

Processor: Dual core processor 2.6 GHz Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ or better recommended)

RAM: 2 GB (3 GB recommended)

Video Card: 256 MB DirectX 10.0–compliant video card or DirectX 9.0–compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (512 MB video card recommended) (see supported list)*

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0 or 10.0 compliant sound card (5.1 sound card recommended)

DirectX Version: DirectX 10.0 libraries (included on disc)

DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive

Hard Drive Space: 12 GB

Peripherals Supported: Keyboard, mouse, optional controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows recommended)

* Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:

ATI RADEON X1300-1950 / HD 2000 / 3000 series

NVIDIA GeForce 6600-6800 / 7 / 8 / 9 series

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
err, so my 486 won't hack it then. :rolleyes:

Really, it is getting silly with what a game needs to run off.

:user:

Reaction score
All they are doing is cutting down their potential audience by an enormous amount.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It really is getting a bit silly now.

Game creators/publishers should be making PC games for now, not 2010.

Food for thought:

Bioshock worked and looked great and didn't have that high a system spec requirement.

If you set Crysis to it's highest settings it simply won't work properly on the highest specced desktop computer available now.

The argument that it will look good and work well at highest spec once the technology is released just doesn't wash because by then everybody will have played the game anyway and be looking for something new.

I've been playing Half Life One and the 'They Hunger' add-ons recently and to be frank the graphics, by todays standards, are rubbish.

But the playability is good. Very good indeed.

Perhaps if the Game writers concentrated on making the game fun to play instead of looking drop dead gorgeous, we'd be happier.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yep why should I go out and blow a grand on upgrading my whole system just to play a game..:mad:

Thats why my Xbox360 sits under the tele ready and waiting for such games as this and written specifically for my 360 and it ain't gonna cost a grand to play it..:D

Reaction score
As you know I recently completed Crysis but to play it comfortably everything was on lowest setting. Not very good eye candy and a waste of all that hard work for the programmers tbh. Not everyone has the money to go buy a £300 - £400 GFX Card.

Such a shame although I did enjoy it to an extent

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
the sad thing is that the Xbox 360 is not as powerful as a good gaming machine... But games that are released for both 360 and pc, usually favor the 360 - leaving optimization for PCs as an after thought.

i played Assasins Creed, cool game, sorta fun. and just like Crysis not worth spending money on system upgrades. What we need is a super awsome game thats WORTH the upgrade. Half-life 2 calibur.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I'm glad I started late in the pc gaming game . I buy all my games secondhand and I have managed to play all of them at max settings on me big screen . I may be missing out on the thrill of being at the forefront of technological advancement but I'm having one hell of a good time .

happywave.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
I'm glad I started late in the pc gaming game . I buy all my games secondhand and I have managed to play all of them at max settings on me big screen . I may be missing out on the thrill of being at the forefront of technological advancement but I'm having one hell of a good time .

That's not a bad way to do it :lol: Pick up bargains and play them at max settings ;)

Crysis was a tough game for my PC to run, and it's only a few months old. I suspect next years game will run on min settings, and then upgrade time again :wall:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
There are advantages to being poor and backward .

laughingsmiley.gif
laughingsmiley.gif

Oooooo arr moi lovely, u be roight :eek:

Round these parts I be known as the village halfwit.

Next year oi be getting promoted to Fully Fledged Village Idiot :nod:

Ask a Question