Medal of Honor: Airborne Thread

Reaction score
Thats odd floppy, the beta drivers (163.44) work fine for me. Runs as smooth as anything...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The GRAW series installs the Ageia physics stuff too, not sure why it needs it as that only if you have one of the physics cards..... :confused:

Odd about the drivers as all my games play a little better with them....Still not tried this yet, will do tonight i think. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just found this, looks interesting, will try it later. It will give me an incentive to install it!!

Q : Can you find a sniper rifle in demo?

A : Yep, you can. Involves using the GHOST command, but it's pretty easy.

Q : how do you activate the console, ive tried differnet commands but i cant get it.

A: Right click on your MOH:A desktop icon, and put ' -enableconsole' at the end of the target line, so it looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Medal of Honor Airborne Demo\UnrealEngine3\Binaries\MOHADemo.exe" -enableconsole

Hit the tilda key ingame (the one above tab), and the console will open.

" Once you land, open the console, and use the GHOST command. Then go to the north gate, where the mission ends (make sure you do this before destroying all 4 AA guns)
Walk/fly through the gate, and continue down the street. Eventually you'll get to an area with some Germans (the ones you see at the end). Deactivate GHOST, Kill them, and enter the building with the MG42 mounted in the lower floor window. Climb up the stairs. At the top you'll see the Springfield. Activate GHOST, walk/fly back through the gate, and deactivate it one you're back in the level where you're ment to be. "

Bit more info from another source :

Click apply and run the game. now you can activate the console by hitting the tilde key(above tab) and activate GHOST by typing ghost. NOw ** able to fly around. Go to the northern gate and fly around till you find a building the a german machine gun sticking out the bottom. Fly to the top room and deactivate ghost to swap weapons for the sniper. Activate ghost again to go back to the battle. If i have time ill post pictures later if u still need help "

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
michael 118 said:
Thats odd floppy, the beta drivers (163.44) work fine for me. Runs as smooth as anything...

I was afraid somebody was going to say that.....

I wonder what the hell is causing the problem then?

Over the next couple of days I'm actually swapping motherboards over between my two main systems. I'll be backing up the OS/HDD that MOHA won't run on but doing a fresh install on the RAID 0 setup as Acronis True Image won't restore to a RAID setup.

Which means it's likely I won't get to the bottom of this prob.

Which makes me wonder about buying the game. I want to, cos it seems great, but will it run ok on my system?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
As it seems i am nearing the end of Bioshock i think i'll get this, but not right away, gotta finish Dirt! :p

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I was afraid somebody was going to say that.....

I wonder what the hell is causing the problem then?

Over the next couple of days I'm actually swapping motherboards over between my two main systems. I'll be backing up the OS/HDD that MOHA won't run on but doing a fresh install on the RAID 0 setup as Acronis True Image won't restore to a RAID setup.

Which means it's likely I won't get to the bottom of this prob.

Which makes me wonder about buying the game. I want to, cos it seems great, but will it run ok on my system?

I'm putting my pennies on a dodgy HDD. Which model is it? My Samsung SP2400 plays up from time to time...

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Heres a vid on how to get the sniper rifle i posted about earlier...

:)

EDIT: Flops just been reading elsewhere someone having a similar prob, have you tried reinstalling the 163.44 drivers? It worked for him. :)

EDIT 2: Multiplayer Trailer -

=

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Finally installed this after finishing Bioshock. :D

Very good! Runs maxed and very smooth, time to order the game me thinks... :thumb:

EDIT: Ordered! :D

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Installing now. :D

Will report back.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Never been a fan of MoH series, played a few of em but never got interested.
But, dont let me spoil yer fun! :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Since I last posted in this thread about not being able to run the demo of this game on my main system, I've swapped over the motherboard, CPU, video card and memory between my two main systems.

Current system configs are shown in my signature (well, ok, one of them is, not enough sig space to show both :( ).

Today I bought the full game of MOH Airborne as I felt sure that with different CPU, Memory and Video card and a fresh installation of a genuwhine copy of Win XP Pro/SP2 with all updates applied, it would run.

But it don't.

I have exactly the same faults as I did with the demo with the exception that it doesn't disappear from the 'Add/Remove Programs menu in Control Panel so I've managed to uninstall this crock of crap :)

So just what, exactly, in my system, is causing this?

The only two common components are my video card and sound card.

I initially had Nvidia drivers 163.18 installed but changed to Beta version 163.67 to see if they'd help. They didn't, the game still runs slow as cold molasses and is unplayable.

So is my BFG Nvidia 8800GTS 640Mb card not good enough for this game?

Is My Creative X-Fi sound card (with latest drivers and software) incompatible with Medal Of Honor Airborne?

I think I've just wasted 30 quid.

I shall attempt to get a refund from the GAME store I purchased it from shortly but I don't have high hopes.

Odd thing is, as with the demo, it runs on the lower specced system shown in my signature :confused: (EDIT: 2nd system not shown, sorry, not enough sig space)

On my main rig, following a fresh installation of Win XP Pro/SP2 I'm running, without error:

Bioshock
All of the Call Of Duty Series (single & multi player)
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion (set to highest video settings - runs flawlessly and looks gorgeous)
Call Of Juarez
FEAR
FEAR Extraction Point
FEAR Multi Player
Half Life 2 + Extras
Half Life 2 Episode 1 plus extras
Dark Messiah Of Might and Magic
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (A great flight sim, using Logi Joystick)
Civilisation 4
Civ 4 Expansion Pack: Warlords.

And I have still to install more games, like some NFS's; TOCA Race Driver 3 and Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 + Add-ons.

So just what is it about MOH Airborne that disagrees with my system?

I am somewhat cheesed off, to say the least :mad:

PS: The original MOHAA series was great, imo, they only bummed out with the last one, the Pacific thingie, that was crap.

Seems they carrying on a tradition of crapness :D

If anybody's got any ideas or solutions, I'd be grateful to hear them, but this games either going back or is going to be inserted extremely painfully into any available orifice of a GAME shop manager :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just out of interest, this is the system MOH Airborne runs ok on, but only at medium res.

System Two:

Asus M2N sli Deluxe motherboard;
AMD Athlon AM2 XP4000 2.6Ghz single core CPU
Noctua NH-U12F CPU Cooler
2Gb Corsair XMS DDR2 6400C5 memory
BFG Nvidia 7600GT 256Mb Video card
Creative Audigy 2 Sound Card
3 x SATA Hard disks: 300Gb; 120Gb; 120Gb
Antec Sonata Case
Tagan 480W PSU
Plextor 800A 18 x DVDRW
Asus DVD-ROM.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Interesting, The game runs fine on my system, using the 163.44 'bioshock' drivers. The only thing i can think of is your RAID setup, Thats the only real difference to my system, does the second system run RAID? I know its doubtful but thats the only thing i can think of....

Oh and i am running the drivers off the disk and the update from their website for the X-FI if you wondered. (This one)

I'm not sure what the problem is tbh, do you get any indication at all? Event viewer maybe?

When it installs the Ageia Physic thing, you didn't uninstall it did you? Dont know if it will make a difference but just wondered. :)

Your running XP 32 bit aint you?

EDIT: Just looked at my A+R list and its only listed as 459MB but the install folder in program files is 8.44GB!?!? Anyone else get this? :confused:

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
V_R said:
Interesting, The game runs fine on my system, using the 163.44 'bioshock' drivers. The only thing i can think of is your RAID setup, Thats the only real difference to my system, does the second system run RAID? I know its doubtful but thats the only thing i can think of....

The second system doesn't run RAID, no, as listed above, main disk is 120Gb single SATA II.

But, really, games should see a RAID setup as one disk, as should any software. None of the other games have a problem with it, so I don't really suspect that.

Oh and i am running the drivers off the disk and the update from their website for the X-FI if you wondered. (This one)

I've recently realised, found out, whatever, my X-Fi is actually the Audio X-Fi. Yep, the one everybody thinks is crap or has the false chip or something.

Well, I stand by what I've said, the improvement in sound is phenomenal, I can really tell the difference so I'm not really bothered, my ears are the only judge here and what I hear I like. Knocks spots off the Audigy and onboard sound, that's for sure.

So your link is irrelevant, really, but I have downloaded and installed the latest driver/software package for my sound card.

I'm not sure what the problem is tbh, do you get any indication at all? Event viewer maybe?

Doesn't show anything relevant.

When it installs the Ageia Physic thing, you didn't uninstall it did you? Dont know if it will make a difference but just wondered. :)

Nope - the game won't run without it, apparently, but I have uninstalled it now, together with the game.

Your running XP 32 bit aint you?

Yep.

EDIT: Just looked at my A+R list and its only listed as 459MB but the install folder in program files is 8.44GB!?!? Anyone else get this? :confused:

A + R list? What's that then Ted? :confused:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Flops, what exactly happens? does it not start? or do you get a black screen?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Alf said:
Flops, what exactly happens? does it not start? or do you get a black screen?

It starts, the music's ok, and I go to the opening scene where lots of aircraft are flying. Only they're not flying, they're static. And every ten seconds or so they will jerk forward.

After around a full two minutes are past the menu options appear. The mouse won't move the cursor as you move the mouse, it takes around ten seconds to respond. In fact everything takes about ten or fifteen seconds to respond. After about five minutes when I eventually get into the game's first cut scene, it freezes completely.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Have you tried disabling the sound card to see if that makes a difference? It sounds daft, but sound card problems have caused me pain with games before and it might help narrow down the problem.

Bit of a bugger that :( I've had a search of their forums and can't see anything like this, seems weird doesn't it?

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
It starts, the music's ok, and I go to the opening scene where lots of aircraft are flying. Only they're not flying, they're static. And every ten seconds or so they will jerk forward.

After around a full two minutes are past the menu options appear. The mouse won't move the cursor as you move the mouse, it takes around ten seconds to respond. In fact everything takes about ten or fifteen seconds to respond. After about five minutes when I eventually get into the game's first cut scene, it freezes completely.

I have the BFG 8800GTS card, and i do very occasionally get that problem on the airborne demo. The only time that happens is when the card is at a slightly higher temp than normal; i know you do say you are big on coolers but since I have the same card as you, thats my only thought.

edit: which model is your hard drive? samsung? mine plays up from time to time... whereas on my 2nd computer the maxtor has worked brilliantly for 3 1/2 years. (with no format might i add!)

Last edited:

Ask a Question