Is YOUR PC Modded.... describe it then

Reaction score
Nice,

I've got a similar Akasa LED strip under my TFT, which pulses to the beat from the Subwoofer.

It's pretty neat but can really annoy you if your concentrating on the screen, so i turn it off when im designing sites etc..

Chris,

Reaction score
cool that sounds good, if its under your screen does that still mean that the wiring has to come from inside of your case ie the power supply and switch for the light?

that must be annoying, i got 4 lights on my chiftech but can only really space 2 lights as there is no external room left. so the plan in the long run is to get a window and stick in the remaining two lights inside of the case

Reaction score
well if needs be i could write a tut for modding for under £30 if anyone would be interested in what i say?

Reaction score
*heart attack* - oh, you mean how to modify your computer for thirty pounds, not buy your guide for thirty pounds :p

I have just done the easy option on the modding thing - tbh it's more customizing. Modding would be sitting down with a dremel and redesigning stuff instead of just adding pretty lights etc.

I've added 2x12" internernal blue cold cathodes with switch hole cut and flushed into a front bezel behind the door. New fans at front, had to pop out the front facia to gain access to it, then re-route the wires. Window decal, radiation sign (looks cool I think.) Basic bit of cable sleeving and then the little things - AMD sticker etc :p

It was a nice case to begin with, I just wanted to make it look a little bit different, besides I hate having things standard - and it is overclocked a fair bit so I wanted to subtly hint at that, too!

Future plans are cutting an 80mm blow hole in the top - got the tools just need the nerve to do it. Wanting to put a ~30CFM blue LED sucker at the top, behind some kind of lazer cut fan grill.

After that, and I have wasted my cash buying the mods I can't make/make look good, should be a cracking case.

Reaction score
now cutting a window is the free thing but then you have to pay for the meshing or plexi...it all ads up.lol...this £30 is inc ram aswell.lol

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
ReDtAiL said:
Future plans are cutting an 80mm blow hole in the top - got the tools just need the nerve to do it.
Go on - do it :D

I bought a 92mm hole cutter and have cut holes in the top and side of two Antec/Chieftec cases to fit 92mm fans.

Just cut slowly, use some cutting oil and get a friend to help with holding the panel. If you can get another friend to hoover away the metal filings whilst you'e cutting, all the better.

You want a clean cut. Everything surrounding the job, including the surface you're cutting on, should be spotless.

Both those mods helped a lot, btw, lowered both CPU & case temps. Used a Pabst 92mm medium flo fan in each instance.

Reaction score
it shouldnt be toooooo long bfor i cut my blow whole i am gona have to get my dad to do mine i will go too fast.lol.

Reaction score
ReDtAiL_ said:
*heart attack* - oh, you mean how to modify your computer for thirty pounds, not buy your guide for thirty pounds :p

I have just done the easy option on the modding thing - tbh it's more customizing. Modding would be sitting down with a dremel and redesigning stuff instead of just adding pretty lights etc.

I've added 2x12" internernal blue cold cathodes with switch hole cut and flushed into a front bezel behind the door. New fans at front, had to pop out the front facia to gain access to it, then re-route the wires. Window decal, radiation sign (looks cool I think.) Basic bit of cable sleeving and then the little things - AMD sticker etc :p

It was a nice case to begin with, I just wanted to make it look a little bit different, besides I hate having things standard - and it is overclocked a fair bit so I wanted to subtly hint at that, too!

Future plans are cutting an 80mm blow hole in the top - got the tools just need the nerve to do it. Wanting to put a ~30CFM blue LED sucker at the top, behind some kind of lazer cut fan grill.

After that, and I have wasted my cash buying the mods I can't make/make look good, should be a cracking case.

if u have not already posted any, post some pictures please!!!!

and btw im so skint, that i cant even afford to pay you £30!!!!
lol

pics.pics.pics..................

Reaction score
so does anyonw have any pictures of their modded PCS?

please post them here IF you do so!:)

it would be nice to get some ideas of creativity!:)

thanks
psd99

Reaction score
yes betty that looks very nice
what did u use to cut the hole then?

and what lights do u have on the inside?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Whats up, browsing mod sites as a matter of fact and stumbled onto your, decided to join. Yea I bough an Hp a420n and ws bored with it and started moding it myself. At this point its very , very simple mod. Large clear acrylic window (and clipping windows in this case took forever and my hand was akeing; damn powder coat!!)on the side, and a green cold cathode tucked on the side, as well as a 28mm green lcd fan with a chrome cyclone grill guard. I'm not the dremmel type yet but looking to get started. Actually as a matter of fact I'm getting a pretty sick case on line and planning on modding it further, basically switching out some of the lights, and adding a blow hole. Still debating if I'll add the acrylic window to the top or not. But basically its gonna be a black and silver case with green lights and a lot of UV stuff. I'm gonna switch out the 4 prong connecters from the power supply and replace those with green uv connectors as well. Also I'm thinking of ways to mod my keyboard. I was thinking of just getting some thin fiberoptics cable and running it inside the keyboard around and between the keys. Any ideas for the keyboard. I plan on having the new case put together and modded up in a week or too, let me know how to post pics and I will.

Reaction score
Raje said:
Whats up, browsing mod sites as a matter of fact and stumbled onto your, decided to join. Yea I bough an Hp a420n and ws bored with it and started moding it myself. At this point its very , very simple mod. Large clear acrylic window (and clipping windows in this case took forever and my hand was akeing; damn powder coat!!)on the side, and a green cold cathode tucked on the side, as well as a 28mm green lcd fan with a chrome cyclone grill guard. I'm not the dremmel type yet but looking to get started. Actually as a matter of fact I'm getting a pretty sick case on line and planning on modding it further, basically switching out some of the lights, and adding a blow hole. Still debating if I'll add the acrylic window to the top or not. But basically its gonna be a black and silver case with green lights and a lot of UV stuff. I'm gonna switch out the 4 prong connecters from the power supply and replace those with green uv connectors as well. Also I'm thinking of ways to mod my keyboard. I was thinking of just getting some thin fiberoptics cable and running it inside the keyboard around and between the keys. Any ideas for the keyboard. I plan on having the new case put together and modded up in a week or too, let me know how to post pics and I will.

hello there

yes nice to type to u
nechance of some pics of ur case please?

sounds very nice there mate.

posting pics is simple all u need to do is click on go advanced and upload them to the pcr server its very simple and quick!

:)

Reaction score
ok so basically this is what the new case will kinda look like, its the pics and some of the parts i'm also getting. The mulit colored fan and grill on the side of the case will be switched out with the fan and grill shown. So again an ideas to get a basic HP keyboard to match???

any ways hope you like, and go easy on the American will ya Bp

Attachments

• dragon fan grill.jpg
    dragon fan grill.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 117
  • green fan.jpg
    green fan.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 104
  • green ide.jpg
    green ide.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 88
  • green floppy cable.jpg