Is YOUR PC Modded.... describe it then

Reaction score
i kinda moded my pc . now it has its own blowhole on the side(right over the PCI cards) for air intake and another one on top(over the PSU) for exaust..

my pc kinda lucks funky now with those two new holes... but keeps the temp inside friendly for the graphics card and the processor... i dont know why the mobo heats up a lot though....

Reaction score
i've not really modded anything in my case but just added a couple of fans to cool down my prescott.... but thats not enough ... i think i'll have to change my heatsink :mad:

Reaction score
my modding is all on hold at the minute all i have is a blue cathode, that lites up all the room its soooo phat!!:_)

Reaction score
im gettin a modded pc soon. its an artec 868ws case, 64bit amd 3000+, 256mb radeon sapphire grapics. 5.1 sound, green cathode, few fans, not sure which are blowin and sucking lol.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Slightly OT, but, anybody know if you can get paint that reacts to UV lights? And if so - where?

I got this nice little demon statue thingie inside my case right now and I want him to glow :D

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Slightly OT, but, anybody know if you can get paint that reacts to UV lights? And if so - where?

I got this nice little demon statue thingie inside my case right now and I want him to glow :D

what about b and q? :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks for the link James - expensive, innit? :eek:

psd99: I shall check out B & Q when next I pass that way, thanks for the idea :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Thanks for the link James - expensive, innit? :eek:

psd99: I shall check out B & Q when next I pass that way, thanks for the idea :)
I think I have some somewhere Floppy - not 100% sure, but I think Rob from bit-tech sent me some ages ago when I did a swap with him. I've never used it so you can have it if I can find it!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I think I have some somewhere Floppy - not 100% sure, but I think Rob from bit-tech sent me some ages ago when I did a swap with him. I've never used it so you can have it if I can find it!
Okey-doke. I shall hang fire on purchase until you've had a look then. No rush. Thanks Ian :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Okey-doke. I shall hang fire on purchase until you've had a look then. No rush. Thanks Ian :)
Arg - I can't find it :( I've got boxes all over the floor of computer bits, but I didnt have space to bring them all to uni so it must be in one of the ones back at home in Newcastle. If you're in no rush, I will be back in about 5 weeks time and I can see if I can find them then.

Its this stuff here : http://www.bit-tech.net/review/186/2 (red and orange I think).

Infact - it is one of those exact pots! (I have the graphics card used in that article in my sisters PC at the moment after swapping it on the bit-tech forums!).

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Alright Ian, thanks for looking, apreciate it. A set of those paint pots is £35.00 with one week delivery time - expensive and slow respectively.

I'll see if I can find something locally, if I can't, I'll let you know and be patient. Thanks again.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Alright Ian, thanks for looking, apreciate it. A set of those paint pots is £35.00 with one week delivery time - expensive and slow respectively.

I'll see if I can find something locally, if I can't, I'll let you know and be patient. Thanks again.
OK - no probs! Just let me know if you can't find any and I'll see if I can find them when I'm back :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I eventually found a couple of online suppliers selling both sets of UV paints and individual pots. I wanted red but couldn't find that colour anywhere so ended up buying a pot of green from Kustom PC's. It wasn't cheap, it cost £11.00 inc. PLus about £8.00 for a pot of UV protective laqueur.

So I went down to B & Q to buy a few bits and bobs, including a paintbrush, and what do I find there? Pots of UV paints, and spray cans, for £3.50 and £2.70. Drat :(

They didn't have red either, funnily enough.

So, I should have heeded earlier advice and looked in B & Q before ordering I think. Oh well, George has just been washed, primered and had his first coat of UV Green. 5 to 6 hours drying time, I think he's gonna need 3 coats total plus laqueur.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
And this is George. He looking a little green behind the gills right now :)

Attachments

• george.jpg
    george.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 96

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Haha, very sadistic, but cool :D

Do you have a photo of him in your PC all lit up?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Haha, very sadistic, but cool :D

Do you have a photo of him in your PC all lit up?
I may have, but he looked a little dull. I'll post a pic when he's finished.

Have also added two UV 20cm SATA cables, which look quite good and will be adding some UV reactive molex plugs on the hard drives and stuff.

Ask a Question