3rd Party Developers Scan Your Gmail So They Can Target You With Ads

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
That's terrible! Some things should be off limits without express permission, and the contents of emails is one of those things. And they do it without user permission too! :mad:

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
Yes they don't get explicit permission, but they bury it inside the usage agreement. So according to American law, that's good enough. Apparently users are supposed to read those long agreements and understand the legal jargon before installing any apps.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Yes they don't get explicit permission, but they bury it inside the usage agreement. So according to American law, that's good enough. Apparently users are supposed to read those long agreements and understand the legal jargon before installing any apps.

Lol, like that's going to happen :rolleyes: One thing I do like about GDPR is that companies can't hide important stuff in lengthy and obscure T&Cs now, but I can't imagine anything similar being implemented in the US.

Abraham Andres Luna

Child of God
Reaction score
Well California is the most progressive state in the union. The politicians there are trying to push new laws that are similar to the GDPR, but I doubt it's going to pass in the House or Senate.