Is YOUR PC Modded.... describe it then

Reaction score
wow flops!! that looks amazing very very impressed!!!!!!

George looks very well!!!:)

Reaction score
yes i got those 2 blue neon tubes from ebuyer

got to say im impressed v v good things!!!

ill post some pics up as soon as i get my bluettooth thing!

Reaction score
yes this is my pc its an artec 868WS that is a nice tower for the price ! ! !

specs:
AMD 3000+
radeon sapphire 9600xt 256mb
512 ram
80 gig maxtor HDD
samsung cd-wr / DVD rom
sony DVD burner (dual-layer)
Abit KV8 PRO mobo. i think thats it lol its hittin 3825 on 3dmark is that good ? ? ? ?

anyhoo PICCYS!!!!!

i dont know how 2 post pics so i think a link will do lol

In the dark
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/triksaracen/P1010034.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/triksaracen/P1010033.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/triksaracen/P1010025.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/triksaracen/P1010041.jpg

with flash and lights on

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/triksaracen/P1010013.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/triksaracen/P1010038.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/triksaracen/P1010009.jpg

hopefully getting something to manage all the wires inside and new fan for the side of the case cos yellow and green dont mix lol as you can see from the pics

anyway enjoy!

*edit = more piccys!!!!

Reaction score
brilliant that looks v v impressive in the dark! looks stunning.

all u need now is a silent PSU and silent CPU Fan and one would hardly notice that your PC is on!:)
u could even get a good nights sleep!

Reaction score
the wait is over, here is my unmodded pc!

Any suggestions to mod this beauty up would be greatly appreciated!
If you are a modding PRO, u will notice that I have the building blocks and the infrastructures, all I need know is the creativity and imagination that a person like yourself has!

So please help me out! And enjoy the pictures..........................

Best Wishes
psd99

Attachments

• Psd035.jpg
    Psd035.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 112
  • Psd036.jpg
    Psd036.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 136
  • Psd039.jpg
    Psd039.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 137
  • Psd040.jpg
    Psd040.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 122

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
psd99: First thing you gotta do is take the fascias off the optical drives and floppy drive and spray them the same colour as the case. Or stealth them.

And if you like them flashing LED fans, you could add a couple of exhaust fans.

Reaction score
flops what do u mean by stealth them?

when u say take off the fascia is this gona be easy just screws yer?
also do i just use normal spray paint that i could get from diy shop or speical stuff?

thanks man
i guess my 1st mod will be v cheap!

sorry kgb to mod this tower to fit inside a laptop case is too much of a task for me! so ill give this particular mission a miss!!!:)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
To stealth is to fit the case bay blanking plate to the front of the drive so it appears hidden. I've never done it myself so I'm not quite sure what it entails. I do know that Lian Li provide stealth options for their cases, not sure about Cheiftec/Antec.

Spraying the fronts of optical drives is easy. The main front panel is fixed by (usually) 4 snap in lugs. Just push these in and ease the front off. The front panel for the tray usually slides upwards and off.

Rub them down with wire wool, clean thoroughly with turps or similar, then apply at least two coats of primer (usually light grey) then at least two coats of top colour. Apply a final top coat of laqueur if you wish.

The secret is to take your time and only apply light coats. Allow at least 6 hours for primer to dry and preferably 24 hours between top coats of paint. Although you could get away with 12 hours here.

I've sprayed loads of optical drive covers, it's really not a problem.

The floppy drive, however, can be a little difficult.

The main panel will come off much the same way as an optical drive's panel, but the centre flap is often difficult to remove and has a spring fitted to it as well, which may be difficult to refit.

Still, you could always just spray the floppy drive main panel and leave the flap beige, it's the smallest part and you may quite like the 'two tone' effect.

Good luck :)

Reaction score
thanks flops!

first of all i am ruling out the stealth option i dont think it will look that impressive and mite be difficult when putting in cds or dvds in the drives.

rite here are my questions im looking at both my dvd rw and my cdrw firt thing i notice i must not spray over the lights doing this will mean i wont be able to see if the lights r going to work!

so u said that there are two options, paiting them with 2 undercoats with 2 finish coats or just spray painting them directly with the same colour as the case which is darkblue.
at this moment i like the idea of spray painting them as it sounds easier
what do u think will be best?

ive never token off the front panel of a 5.25inch drive but it looks alrite, i can see what u mean abt the floppy little latch that mite prove to be difficult.

they say modding can be both external and internal, i always been thinking internally but what u have mentioned to me is i think a genious idea could make a v v good difference to how the case looks!

thanks once again for your suggestions i look forward to your replies!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
psd99 said:
thanks flops!

first of all i am ruling out the stealth option i dont think it will look that impressive and mite be difficult when putting in cds or dvds in the drives.

rite here are my questions im looking at both my dvd rw and my cdrw firt thing i notice i must not spray over the lights doing this will mean i wont be able to see if the lights r going to work!

so u said that there are two options, paiting them with 2 undercoats with 2 finish coats or just spray painting them directly with the same colour as the case which is darkblue.
at this moment i like the idea of spray painting them as it sounds easier
what do u think will be best?

ive never token off the front panel of a 5.25inch drive but it looks alrite, i can see what u mean abt the floppy little latch that mite prove to be difficult.

they say modding can be both external and internal, i always been thinking internally but what u have mentioned to me is i think a genious idea could make a v v good difference to how the case looks!

thanks once again for your suggestions i look forward to your replies!
When you take off the front panels of the optical drives, the led's will be left behind. They poke through a hole in the panel. You will not spray the led's with paint when spraying the front panels and drive tray panels.

To do this job you'll either have to take the drives out of the computer or at least take out all the mounting screws and slide them forwards and out a couple of inches (50mm or so) out of the case and take the panels off.

The latter way means you will still be able to use the drives whilst taking 4 or 5 days to spray them.

Hope that helps :)

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
The latter way means you will still be able to use the drives whilst taking 4 or 5 days to spray them.

Hope that helps :)

yes thanks i get the LED bits, i didnt know of this i fully understand now

well, i am most likely thinking of taking off the front panels and spraying them in a different location!

u mentioned 4-5 days? isnt that a bit too long for the regular spray paint to dry? i woulda thought around one coat of the stuff and possibly 12-24 hours for it to dry off!

Reaction score
alrite another thought

what about all the embeded writing flops?
ie the DVD sign, the RW signs or even the headphone signs?

they will still be visible after the respray rite?
this task will be special as it entails pc modding with a hint of diy! :)

Reaction score
heres my 666th post the devils number!!!!

so i thought id make this one a uselss post!
sorry for boring u if you are reading this!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
psd99 said:
u mentioned 4-5 days? isnt that a bit too long for the regular spray paint to dry? i woulda thought around one coat of the stuff and possibly 12-24 hours for it to dry off!
Depends how thoroughly you wanna do the job.

Ideal = 12 to 24 hours between coats, 6 coats total. Work it out ;)

The longer you leave coats to dry in a warm enviroment, the tougher the paint job will be, able to withstand knocks and scratches better.

If you want to rush, - 2 hours between coats - it will still look good. But the final paint job will be more susceptible to damage.

Up to you. To be honest, rarely does an optical drive suffer many knocks. But, as I said, up to you, the longer you spend on the paint job, the better it will be. Much like spraying a car, really.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Any writing on the front will be lost, obviously, if you spray it another colour.

Logos embedded in the plastic that stand proud will still be identifiable.

Kinda obvious that one really, come on, - think ;)

Reaction score
thanks next time im at the DIY ill look for some blue spray paint!

then when its all done one day i will post a pic so u can see what it looks like!

Reaction score
got a new light today!!!

its v v bright! cost 15 quid from maplins its got this sound sensor on it!
check out the pic:

Attachments

• Psd99000.jpg
    Psd99000.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 122

Ask a Question