Is YOUR PC Modded.... describe it then

Reaction score
hey just a question to everyone

have you modded your pc? i am thinking of modding my pc very soon.

please describe how you have modded your pc

thanks

Reaction score
I found it very hard when i tried to fit an extra cd drive in to my computer

For anyone who knows me, they will know why,

Any guesses?

KGB

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Consoles_Suck said:
Does putting a little sticker that sais AMD on it count? :p
Of course it does! That's the height of modding :D

Mild mods here, windowed side panel to Lian Li PC61 case with purple strip light and switch mounted on one of the spare 3.5" front panels.

Antec 1030 case: Fitted 92mm fan & grill to side of case opposite CPU, it helps; 4 x switches fitted to front 5.25" front panel controlling the other four case fans; front headphone socket fitted to same panel, wired so that when headphones plugged in it mutes the output to the speakers.

Old Dell Pentium 166Mhz dropped 13 storeys.....

And that's about it really.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm in a very strange situation here... almost everything in my room is "modded". I have eletronic gadgets doing all sorts of sad and useless things, but my computer is 100% non-modded.

One day I may do though ;) My old one had a side window, blue LEDs etc... but this one is boring :)

Reaction score
i was in the same situation before i got my cathodes - i have gadgets about my room (wireless TV reciever, sattelite clock etc) but my PC was just normal!

Reaction score
dont u lot think that modding is just adding lites?

the truth is its only the lites that really do it! i need some sugeestions please.

Reaction score
Psd.. i haven't modded.. ive swapped components.. hardware, cards and stuff.. but i havent added lights or anything like that ..... Chris just added some lights recently £2.00 each i think they cost him

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
psd: no, modding is not just lights, there's a whole lot more you can do.

You can 'stealth' your drives, add switches and sockets to the front, spray the case a different colour/colours, add fans, add windows, design a custom made case in the shape of a robot or a castle or whatever you fancy, add a coupla headlights to the top or front, through a window'ed side panel view a skull, spider, whatever, lit up in UV, I mean, it's open to your imagination :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Oh, I forgot, my Antec 1030 case mentioned in a previous post - fitted blue led's to it as well.

There, that's satisfied the completist in me :D

Reaction score
nice comments everyone thanks

okay i got a blue cathode tube and a uv light tube! but i made a mistake getting this combination.

i got a chiftech full tower, going to get the side panel with a window in it. then im going to stick in the blue cathode tube one of the tubes on the left hand side the other on the right handside or sometihing like that.

also im going to get possibly 2 new ide cables that light up from Maplins, they are going to be blue yet i have not got them yet. these will light up the whole inside of the case

wat else could i do?

so all in all ill have two blue cathode tubes, 2 ide blue light up cables and a chiftech side panel with a window in it.

has anyone got that line light stuff cant remember what is is exactly just a line of wire that lites up.
and do u lot think that getting all blue lights is a good idea?

thanks in advance all comments appreciaited

Reaction score
hey for my pc, check out the gallery ;) and also on the front which you cant see is an EL flashy fireball thing, and it has a UV mode as well if i switch the red off which makes all the cabels glow along with all the slots on the mobo. :)

harry

Reaction score
v v nice Thermaltake, nice pictures.

your pc is modded very nicely. it looks GREAT!

but my modding plans are at a halt at the minute! but before i mod ill be sure to discuss this subject with you!

best wishes

Reaction score
yes definately talk to me beofre modding, i have first hand experiance, i do not think it looks that good, i could make it alot better, its just the money as i do not work.. so in about 2 months i will update the photos...

and psd, then it will look awesom :D
you know the uv reactive reseviour, SATA cables instead of the big round ones, hardly any fans, minimal rubbish, i got my plans mate, i sure have ;)

Reaction score
I got a bunch of LED fans all connected to a home-made "junction" box with a speed reduction cable to the jumper on the mobo. Neat, and quiet. I use "lazer" LED`s instead of cold cathode coz I like the glow effect instead of bright lioghts, but thats just a preference. On my old comp, I changed the power and HD LED`s, still to do that to my new one. I added switches to the front (of the old one) for the cold cathodes I had. Made my own window side panel (www.diyplas.co.uk) they sell plastics for glazers etc, but I got plastic sheeting there very cheap- made a side panel with it and some dremel "skills". So much cheaper than a window kit :)

Modding is great, esp if it goes the way the builder hopes for

Reaction score
Kenny said:
I got a bunch of LED fans all connected to a home-made "junction" box with a speed reduction cable to the jumper on the mobo. Neat, and quiet. I use "lazer" LED`s instead of cold cathode coz I like the glow effect instead of bright lioghts, but thats just a preference. On my old comp, I changed the power and HD LED`s, still to do that to my new one. I added switches to the front (of the old one) for the cold cathodes I had. Made my own window side panel (www.diyplas.co.uk) they sell plastics for glazers etc, but I got plastic sheeting there very cheap- made a side panel with it and some dremel "skills". So much cheaper than a window kit :)

Modding is great, esp if it goes the way the builder hopes for

u r a g! that site there has got nothing to do with side panels on cases!

thats definetly what i call CREATIVITY! :)

thanks

Reaction score
Was on diyplas.co.uk this evening, it appears their prices and shipping have shot up considerably and they`re no longer such a bargain.
My last order came to a whole £3.42, and now the same order seems to have gone up to £9.95. :(

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
My PC was modded already when i got it. it is a RaidMax Scorpio model (blue)

Ask a Question