Windows Vista Internal Error please help!!

Reaction score
Hello i am Jim and i am new here!i believe you can help with my problem as it may be easy for you(not for me...)
My laptop keeps showing me
Internal Error 411
could not create Capabilities Manager
What can i do???
I have Vista, i bought my laptop 1 month ago.
Thanks in advance,
Jim

Reaction score
Hi JimQ:wave: :wave:
Welcome to the forum...
Ok here we go, you're gonna get loads of reply's telling you to do this and that etc..I'm going to tell you the easy one..Your computer is a month old..Therefore it is still under warranty, unless it fell of the back of a lorry when you bought it..:p And i'm sure you're not the sort of bloke that would do that.. So as its under warranty, get your receipt of purchase and take it back to whereever you bought it and get them to sort it out..I'm not saying this because I don't know the aswer to your problem..As I probably do..I am giving you this advice, as people all to often buy new computers and withing days end up having one problem or the other and jump on the first forum they see and quite often actually end up doing more damage to their computers on the advice of not always the most qualified advice..Thus rendering their warranty on said computer void...Which is not a good thing, As i've known people in the past to have void warranties and days later something serious goes wrong and they can't get it repaired..
If you feel confident that you can folow advice and sort the problem, please let us know your computer spec..OS/make etc.....:nod: :)

Reaction score
1st of all thanks for replying my friend!!

I have a Toshiba QOSMIO the cheap model with the 15,4 screen.
centrino 2,Nvidia 9700M GTS etc..
Can i use regedit function to correct it??You are right about warranty but here in Greece things are a bit mixed-chaotic so i will have to wait and wait....

Reaction score
Sometimes waiting is better than Voiding...What Operating System are you using..? Xp or Vista..?

Reaction score
Sorry, I should learn to read..you did say Vista in your first post..What exactly are you doing when this error happens...?What are you running etc..?

Reaction score
when i turn on the pc,after giving my code and the work panel is showed,some seconds later(the vista circle bar is loading) here comes this small window!!after that my msn log in window is loaded..

i dont load anything but this apears.
someone told me that the system is trying to load something but it cant..!

Reaction score
Hmmm..Ok i'll have a little look around and see what I can find for you..I'll be back.... Sorry, been watching Arny movies tonight:lol: :)

Reaction score
hhehe!ok!this i will wait for your reply!and i must say thanks for your time!i am sure you already heard it from other users but i really mean it..

Reaction score
JimQ said:
hhehe!ok!this i will wait for your reply!and i must say thanks for your time!i am sure you already heard it from other users but i really mean it..

Jimq, our time is not of importance here..What is of importance is helping our fellow forum usrers where ever we can...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Internal Error 411

could not create Capabilities Manager

this is the message

Reaction score
My guess is that it is specific to a program other than Windows.

Are you able to continue using your system after this error is displayed?

If so can you or have you checked the event viewer log to see if it gives you anymore information?

Reaction score
The thing is that i ve done a format and now its ok.

the events were full of error-two of them critical!
the point is this:was it a virus or something or my Vista crashed an application and went off...
after 2 weeks my system collapsed so i did a format...
i had a few programmes instaled which were for XP use..who knows..
surely i dont want to go through this ever again..!!
p.s. my security is McAfee.

Reaction score
It is hard to say what exactly it was related to. Depending on what your event viewer showed it might have been possible to narrow it down but can't say for sure.

Ask a Question