Alt codes

Reaction score
Hello all

I am trying to find the alt code to put the 'equal to or less than' symbol into a Lotus 123 spreadsheet (yes I know it's old but I love it and have used it for years - and I still think it's the best spreadsheet ever)
Anyway when I search for it everywhere tells me the Alt code is 243 , but when I try it on my laptop I get ' ¾ '

I've tried putting it into an excel sheet and word using the appropriate drop down and have then tried copy and paste but 123 won't let me insert it that way, so that's not a solution. Any ideas please?

Reaction score
According to my Corel Character Reference Chart, the code for "less than or equal to" is ALT 0163 and will work if you have the font for "GreekMath Symbols", and the code for "greater than or equal to" is ALT 0179.

Reaction score
Hi skeezix

Thanks for taking the time to look that up. It did not work unfortunately. However, you answer prompted me to look at the different font sets available in Lotus which has one called 'Math B' and it contains the required symbol. I would never have thought of searching like that without your response, so thanks !

Reaction score
You're welcome! I don't visit this forum but about once every month or so, and I just happened to catch your post. 'Twas meant to be...

Reaction score
Hello all

I am trying to find the alt code to put the 'equal to or less than' symbol into a Lotus 123 spreadsheet (yes I know it's old but I love it and have used it for years - and I still think it's the best spreadsheet ever)
Anyway when I search for it everywhere tells me the Alt code is 243 , but when I try it on my laptop I get ' ¾ '

I've tried putting it into an excel sheet and word using the appropriate drop down and have then tried copy and paste but 123 won't let me insert it that way, so that's not a solution. Any ideas please?
You are using the correct code (as you know, since it worked in Excel), so I suspect the Lotus font is not interpreting it correctly.
If you cannot change the font in Lotus, I'm afraid you're out of luck.

Ask a Question