How honest are you?

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Quadophile said:
I have learnt along the way that those who lie are tense, never calm and composed, they also avoid eye contact or their hands are not still, always fiddling with something.

Not a sermon quads, I agree with you all the way on this except I do think that when it comes to honesty we are always our own judge & jury. The 'trouble' is that no two people share the same sense of ethics & integrity & something that is abhorrent to me might simply be an every day survival skill for someone else. In the end, like respect, trust must always be earned. LOL, I remember saying almost the exact same thing to Dr in the hospital once who, when he couldn't answer my questions, insisted that, with all his training etc, I would just have to trust him. He really couldn't cope (threw a total hissy fit!) when I just said straight up. "No I don't" Just as well I got a second opinion too, turned out he didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

As for the bit above, yes I agree, my kids still haven't figured out how I can tell when they're lying, mostly because I don't always let them know that I know. However, I also think that the above reactions are really only likely to come from someone who believes that lying is wrong, this is what creates the conflict & tension. I would not want to count on such cues when dealing with someone for whom lying is a way of life.

Reaction score
Well if your REALLY tight theres the old 'Left my wallet in the Boot' trick, where you put a bag in the boot in getting in the taxi then when you stop at your destination say you left your wallet in your bag, which is in the boot. Then open boot and leg-it! The taxi driver will be none the wiser as they cannot see you due to the fact the boot top is obscuring their view. This should give you at least 2 mins getaway... or longer if the drivers really dense!

I'm an honest person really, i haven't tried it myself but my mates say it works... :D

Chris Pickering

Monkey Island Fanboy
Reaction score
Professionally, writing wise I give my complete and honest opinion. Once or twice PR people have tried to sway my decision with promises of early review copies of future games etc, but I've never taken them on.

As for the rest of my life, I do try to be as honest as possible. Sometimes withholding exactly what you think can keep other peoples feelings un-hurt, and I've done that a few times, but I cant really recall telling any kind of bare faced, outright lie to someones face.

Reaction score
Good show

Good show Ian

My trouble is I am usually to tired to fight the good fight,

This young man at our University, informed me the other day,

That if you have enough money and you don't want, "those" people living around you that is your right. So if liberal politicos will not let you do that, then we need "conservative judges" to change the law.....I give up I was to shocked to do much. I thanked him for keeping his neighborhood safe for hypocrisy, and left it at that.

I think I'll sing "The impossible dream" now, or is it 'The unreachable star'?

I'll sing them both......

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Good for you Ian

Like cirianz my home area is too small to get too stiffed, but they always seem to try it on when I get a cab in London because you're a "tourist". The trouble is, when you do the same route every few weeks, you aren't a normal tourist. It's suprising how quick they get onto the right road when you tell them that you know the "normal" route, and ask them why they have taken a diversion!

It's a good laugh making them squirm with excuses, and sort of makes up for getting ripped off!

Ask a Question