Where've you bin?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It could be said I’m not fond of Christmas time and I also believe the festive season should not be mentioned anywhere including online until the first of December. Having said that I thought this was well presented, Fenwicks Christmas Window display opening. I’d never heard of Fenwicks but they are a department store in Newcastle who this year have gone virtual cos of you know what. The vid is 4.5 minutes long and does go on a bit but I still thought it was good.

I’ve visited Newcastle several times, mostly for work and once to take an exam and have nothing but good memories of the place and that made me wonder if our experience in places we visit will shape our opinion of them. For instance, I didn’t think much of Manchester, seemed unfriendly to me; Birmingham I was neutral about but did seem a bit dull; Liverpool was fab; Glasgow and Paisley were fun and the worst place I’ve ever been to was Budleigh Salterton in Devon, a distinctly hostile atmosphere there and the people all seemed to be frowning.

Can you name your opinions of visited places, be they unjustified or not?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I have lots of fond memories of visiting Fenwick's window as a child - it's a bit of a tradition for anyone in Newcastle with kids. There's always a huge queue to see the shop windows. Funny, I hadn't thought about this for 20 years and you've just given me a blast from the past :D. I'm glad to see it's still going!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Is anyone willing to shoot the windows of how they look during the day or night? and post them in a thread? ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
It's the Newcastle equivalent of Selfridge's although nowhere near the size. :nod:

Yup know where and what it is as we had friends in Morpath and Newcastle. If you want to see fantastic Christmas lights Leeds is the place they do up the whole town centre. It is almost as good as the Blackpool illuminations. :thumb:

Ask a Question