Do you Twitter?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
"Twitter" has been creeping into the news recently and I know a few people who are Twitterers, but they seem to have mixed views on it. So, I was wondering whether anyone here has dipped a toe into the birdseed and tried it yet? Or what your opinions might be?

I'm a bit undecided. I can quite see that it's possibly "useful" for circulating a news story quickly... such as when that plane came down in the Hudson River. Apparently, within minutes, news of that had been Twittered across the globe. But on a more mundane level, would it really be all that interesting to know that a friend had just sunk their rubber duck in the bath? Or that someone else has just found a furball in their shoe, complements of their cat...? Hmmm...:rolleyes: what do you think...?
:D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Lots of twittering going on around here, mainly first thing in the morning and evening at feeding time.

laughingsmiley.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I'll use the phone ... people really do have too much time. twits. :lol:

:wave:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't use it, but I know plenty people that do (and that number seems to be growing rapidly!). I can see how it would be fun to use, but I'd rather spend my free time away from the PC/Phone :lol:

Reaction score
I don't use it I don't think it is that big in the UK more Americano I thought.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
psd99 said:
I don't use it I don't think it is that big in the UK more Americano I thought.

There's an interesting bit on techcrunch regarding what happened during last month's UK snow. Also Telegraph.

Bodhi said:
Isn't it just like facebook?

No, don't think so... it's more like a "journal" to let others know what you are up to, using short messages. From what I've seen, it looks more like a shout-box.

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
There's an interesting bit on techcrunch regarding what happened during last month's UK snow. Also Telegraph.

No, don't think so... it's more like a "journal" to let others know what you are up to, using short messages. From what I've seen, it looks more like a shout-box.
So, it ain't much different from our forum then ...

:lol:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
So, it ain't much different from our forum then ...

:lol:

That pretty much like saying "there is life and then there is intelligent life"
laughingsmiley.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Never 'eard of it Guvnor.

Couldn't really give a monkeys either :D

So no, a twitterer I am not :)

(Why am I at this moment thinking of Frankie Howerd?)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
No I couldn't give a Titter either Flopp's..:D

Heard about it on the news the other day, don't think I'll be twittering..:nod:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Yes, I know this is an extremely old thread. :lol: But I wondered whether anyone's views had changed since 2009?

I still don't tweet, but Twitter has certainly "blossomed" ....if that's the right word(?)

Many businesses and companies now useTwitter (and Facebook) to communicate with customers/clients; so it seems more likely that one will get a quicker answer to a query, than by hanging-on to the end of a phone! (Plus, one doesn't have to listen to squeaky Mozart pouring out of the earpiece!)

So, just out of curiosity, any changes of heart here..? Does anyone tweet - or are we still leaving that for our feathered friends? :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I have an account and i follow a good few companies/people, however i dont and probably wont ever tweet myself.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Like VR I have an account and follow a few footy teams but don't actually twitter, I think its a complete waste of time to be honest

Ask a Question