How honest are you?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
How much of an honest person would you say you are? The reason I ask is from a little story that happened last night.

I was on the way back from a mates birthday at about 2:30AM this morning, and it was absolutely lashing it down! I got the bus as far home as I possibly could, but left instead of walking the last 5 minutes down in the rain I thought I'd get a taxi back as it would only be a couple of quid - how wrong I was!

The guy thought I must have had a few drinks and not have my wits about me, whereas I hadn't really had much at all as I had to be up early today! He thought he'd give me the grand tour of Manchester it seems in the taxi - instead of following the street we were already on for 2 mins.

His loss though, as I was so annoyed that a 2 min journey turned into 15 min that I only left him the original fare - he knew fine well what he had done as it was directly down the same street that I got on (its a long one) :mad:

Grrrr! ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The taxi drivers in my town try just the same thing on Friday and Saturday nights....

They think your so wasted they can charge you as much as they can get away with, But they are too stupid to realise we do the same trip every weekend!!! :rolleyes:

Shame really, gives the rest of 'them' a bad name......

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, its daft :(

95% of taxi drivers I've had have been really nice and I'll always leave a tip if they've taken the best way back etc... It just irks me that they think they can try and charge someone a tenner for a £4 trip. I don't know how he thought he was going to get away with it, as its a popular route and even a straight road! Its not like me to be really annoyed, but I was furious that he had the cheek to drive around random streets and all over the place.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:
You should of just bumped him, I would of.
With hindsight I would have done ;) I gave him the few quid the journey should have cost even though he wanted almost a tenner, his face was priceless as he realised he'd been caught ;)

Reaction score
If i were honest, i would explain to reefy that the last word of his sentance should read "Have" ;)

What did he want and what did you pay Ian?

edit: we crossed posts there! Good on you Ian... alot of people wouldn't have the guts to pay less than the meter and walk off!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
If i were honest, i would explain to reefy that the last word of his sentance should read "Have" ;)

What did he want and what did you pay Ian?
He wanted a tenner and I gave 4, as it would cost that normally (done this journey quite a few times!).

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:

And if I were honest, I would explain to Chris how to spell Sentence :blush:.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Lemme see, if I use a cab to go to pub:

Journey there: £4.50 to £5.00

Journey home, midnight-ish, smeling of alcohol: £7.00 - £8.00

Now how can that be? Do we have a sliding scale here?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
As for the question 'How honest am I?'

Too damn honest sometimes, makes me wonder.....

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
As for the question 'How honest am I?'

Too damn honest sometimes, makes me wonder.....

me too

ps. i dont suppose you have another unlocked duron around do you ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
me too

ps. i dont suppose you have another unlocked duron around do you ;)

Nope, I don't.

I did actually have a look around for you, Hexus & E-Bay, seems to me used socket A processors have actually increased in value.

I thought with the phasing out of Sckt A boards, they'd become cheap. It appears I was wrong.

Reaction score
They are extortionate! i thought the same as you.

Ah well... Thanks anyway mate :)

now back to honesty...

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
He wanted a tenner and I gave 4, as it would cost that normally (done this journey quite a few times!).

A bunch of fives he would have had of me:eek:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Our 'city' is a bit too small for them to get away with too much of a scenic tour but I have known a few who've definitely taken the long way round. & one who locked the doors & thought he might have a 'tour' of something else. He was mistaken. When I complained to the company it turned out he'd tried something similar before. He was looking for a new career shortly afterwards but I still won't use that company. They knew he was a risk & should've gotten rid of him after the first complaint in my opinion.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
cirianz said:
Our 'city' is a bit too small for them to get away with too much of a scenic tour but I have known a few who've definitely taken the long way round. & one who locked the doors & thought he might have a 'tour' of something else. He was mistaken. When I complained to the company it turned out he'd tried something similar before. He was looking for a new career shortly afterwards but I still won't use that company. They knew he was a risk & should've gotten rid of him after the first complaint in my opinion.

i hope you gave him a good
violent1.gif

Last edited:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
i hope you gave him a good
violent1.gif

ROFLMAO, thank you, I love the smilies.
Mostly it was brain stuff. Convincing him that if he wanted to keep his hand then there was a lot better places he could put it & that it really was in his best interests to stop the car & unlock the door. Developed a definite dislike for central locking tho!
After everything was over though, the thing that made me the most angry was that he would underestimate me like that. I was quite indignant! lol, Human beings... you've gotta luv 'em.
The funny thing is that most of the skills I used in facing him down were ones I learned in my teens babysitting 'tweenage' boys (that were often as big as or bigger than I am) with attitude problems. Skills that have stood me in good stead many times in my life. In the end he was still just another school-yard bully that never grew up.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Karen Burdon said:
Well done old chap! Would you like me to contact my 'friend' Harry Potter to sort the nasty taxi driver out?

Mummy of 'Sexy Bex'

Voldemort would be a better bet ;)

Oh dear, we're really sad...

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I firmly believe honesty is a trait which is judged by others, its very difficult to say to what degree you are honest. Honesty in my opinion does not mean not stealing money but its an approach one has. If I dare say it I am honest in my approach all the times, angel I am not ;)

Most of the people on this forum who have been interacting with each other can sense the sincerity in other person, as well as to some extent make a judgement on how honest the person is in his approach. I also believe that one can get away with cheating in a short run but in the long run, no one can, one single lie would need a hundred more to cover up the first. I have learnt along the way that those who lie are tense, never calm and composed, they also avoid eye contact or their hands are not still, always fiddling with something. Since on the forum we are not present physically it is even more difficult to make a judgement. That is one of the main reasons misunderstandings takes place between two people.

Sorry for the sermon but I thought It would be better if I speak my mind :)

Ask a Question