Have you got much snow yet?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Snowing like mad in East London. No chance I am even going to attempt driving my van today. Sorry work :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
We finally got some of this batch of snow. Luverly powdery stuff about 2 inches deep. Sweeps away really easily. Hope I can get to York across the Pennines for crimbo. :)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Wall to wall sunshine again. :)

But it's so cold ! Snow and ice not melting.

Reaction score
:( Snowing hard here in Maidstone 2" in the last hour and looks to be setting in for a long time. I am not going to the bungalow today or tomorow but go on Monday. I will take a blow up bed and sleeping bag and camp out there until the decorating is done, hopefully by Christmas Day.:wall:

Reaction score
Heavy snow here in Kent 2 1/2"in the last hour and a half and it looks like it will drift that will cause havoc on the M20.The wife is working in Ashford hope she gets home safely.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Lots of snow here in south London and in other parts of the south. My sister in law rang us up yesterday while she was on the bus home.A bus she had to wait two hours for in Tunbridge Wells. She rang at 5.30 At 8.30 she rang again to say she had just got in! All down to the snow.The bus could not make it up a hill, in the end she and her friend had a lift in a 4x4 to get them home. Am I glad I live London.
historian

Reaction score
The wife got home from Ashford and considering it mainly motor way it took her over 3 1/2 hours journey which in normal times is only about 20 min to 1/2 hour. I was getting worried

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
-14 last night and pretty darn cold today in the luverly sunshine.

Haven't been mountaineering for a good few years due to me failing legs but I never got rid of me kit. So I am nice and cosy in me Patgonia lightweight super warm thermals. An folks laughed at me when I paid £ 30 each for a "capilene" top and longjohns way back in the early nineties. Twenty years on and they are still as good as new and I'm still toasty warm.
laughingsmiley.gif
:p

Reaction score
Had a `phone call from my cousin in Brussels this afternoon and she said that from Scandinavia to Germany to France and into Belgium nearly every thing has come to a stand still because of the heavy snow. So it`s just not here in the U.K. that things are at a stand still.

historian

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Absolutely no snow in Doncaster, although very chilly.

Been to Manchester and Shropshire this week-end and they had plenty. Glad I took my wellies - went out last night with hubby + granddaughter and made snow angels. It was wonderful :) xxxxx

Gabriella xxxx

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Thank you Gabriella, EvanDavis, Abarbarian,

I appreciate your sympathizing with me, yes I really do, I wish I could just fly over to the other side of the pond where things are happening so to say. You guys have been talking about snow and all I could do is to watch from the other side of the fence, they say grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Now I am confused is it green or white:confused:

CSB

Reaction score
Fricking Snow !!!. couldn't go to work today and was caught in it, cars sliding everywhere, I even had to get out and push. then had to walk down a dual carriagway to catch her up as if she had stopped, we wouldn't have got the car over the hill. Impatient Mr White Van Man was turning sideways because they couldn't wait and obviously felt the need to put other drivers at risk.

Don't even try to go to Cardiff unless you really have to, pure mayhem today.

Not a good day
icon9.gif

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Yikes!! The forecast for my area tonight is minus 19C. Better put me long sleeved shirt on.

Ask a Question