Have you got much snow yet?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Had like 1cm at most here in High Wycombe, No drama, thankfully!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
well, surprisingly for sunny Southport, we had snow, and it still there. :D

today, I be mostly making whoopee

:wave:

Reaction score
We had snow overnight then some sleet which has turned back to snow. Caused havoc on the railways couldn't get the trains out of the sidings and other breakdowns. Glad I have not got to go to London. Dogs enjoyed their walk in the snow:wave: in the Park.

Reaction score
:( Got bored with the snow now, it is coming down hard now with a moderate wind there will be drifting by morning if this goes on. Bring back the summer

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Summer? Summer?

Oh, you mean those 3 weeks in May? ;)

Just kiddin' it actually wasn't too bad this year, better than the previous three years for sure.

I know what you mean, I really don't like snow.

Unkless, of course, I'm in another country with a yen to snowboard, ski, toboggan or just sit in the bar get drunk and look at the mountains.

Reaction score
:D No I mean the 3 weeks we had in Las Vegas last May. As for getting drunk that is another story.:nod:

Reaction score
Has any one been tuned into Londons LBC radio at all to day?

They have had a snow watch. And the horrendous stories that people have been phoning in about their journey to or from work,or home. It would seem that the councils have been caught out,again, because the amount of people who said that they have seen no grit lorries about,or even grit on the road.
So goodness knows what`ll happen if it really snows!
historian

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
hey, I am NOT one of those to bleat about how great it were in my day and today's population haven't got a clue and are useless.

However.

In 1963 I was 12 years old and we experienced one of the worst - if not the worst - winters of the last century. It snowed for at least five months (Google/Wiki it).

Yet I can clearly remember buses, trains, tubes and cars getting about quite ok. And people still walking about. I lived in a two bedroomed council flat that had for it's only heating a gas fire in the living room. All through that winter I walked or sometimes got a bus to school and back. We had snowball fights with teachers at playtime as well, but that's neither here nor there.

In the last two days we've had a light dusting of snow that's barely settling and public transport has been severely disrupted. people have stayed away from work. I'm seriously surprised a local d
isaster hasn't been announced. Buses are refusing to drive on Blackheath Hill in case they slide up or down it. WTF? Big double decker routemaster buses drove up and down Blackheath Hill in the past in much deeper snow, no probs, no accidents.

So I'm going to say it.

We have become a nation of whingeing wusses, a whole bunch of gutless wonders.

Normally I'm one to champion youth and I really hate people saying 'But these days... blah blah blah' I'm sure some of us are familiar with that attitude.

But snow..... snow, it has become the thing to identify complete and utter wimps.

Not sure whether to laugh or cry :rolleyes:

Anyway, stop moaning and get on with it, ya wusses ;)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Just back from the pub. Walked there with a couple of mates - in full hiking gear. Surprised at how many people were there as the car park was almost empty.

Amazing what people will do for a glass of alcohol. ;)

Still snowing here.

Reaction score
Last nights journey home should have taken 50mins, instead it was 4hrs!:eek:

This morning it should be 40mins instead it took 90mins!:rolleyes:
Just got home from gatwick in 80mins.
If it snows tonight i may have a day off tomorrow!!

Reaction score
The forcast for here today and tonight 9 to 10ins snow on top of the 6 ins we already got. Mind you dogs are loving the snow not to sure their master is too keen though.

Reaction score
We're snowed in over here in dublin.......kids are having a ball. Everyone's getting pelted, lol. I don't think i'll go very far today apart from the shop for bread and milk. It's to drop to minus 10 tonight....but the met ofice seldom gets it right over here.......xbox live is getting a visit. I hope this bad weather doesn't bring our internet down.

Reaction score
:( The snow is littering down at the moment 0223 looks like she who must be obeyed wont be going to work in Ashford tomorrow. Operation Stack on M20 is in operation and it is brass monyey out there. Trains will be in a complete mess again by the looks of the weather.:nod:

Reaction score
Got up, got snow off car, drive a mile, gave up & went back home!

Gatwick is closed until tomorrow morning.
And i doubt doubt i will be missed at work!:p

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
It just won't stop snowing here. It's an absolute blizzard again at the moment and there were several inches through the night.

I've discovered the cause of all this snow.

It's obviously me!!!!!

Every time I clear my driveway it then snows again. :D

Reaction score
Still having light snow and have got about a foot here in Maidstone but more forcast for today and Sarah has not got into work today in Ashford.

Reaction score
Ended up trying to get into work, Gave up when the roads got full of snow.
Upto 9" fell at Gatwick last night, hence the airport is closed!

If you have to go out folks stay safe!

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
There was no snow here overnight! :)

First time in over a week. :nod:

Ask a Question