Good ole Overclockers (again)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
As most of you know i bought a whole system from overclockers over a month ago and have had a few problems since to say the least!

Well the speakers i bought from them with the system (Creative T3130) just died on me the other day, they wouldnt turn on what so ever, i changed the fuse in the plug and checked the fuse that was already in but it wasnt down to the fuse, check them in various sockets which i knew worked round the house and they still didnt work, so i had to email overclockers for an RMA number to send them back to overclockers. I sent them back out of my own pocket at £9 on monday, they received tuesday and emailed me that they'd sent them to Creative. GREAT! So now i wont have a set of speakers for my new PC in 2010 basically, surely they should have just sent a new set of speakers out, i mean they cost less than £40, they're obviously faulty as i wouldnt have paid to send them back.

If it was somewhere like tescos, asda or b&q etc etc they would have just sent me a new set of speakers without quibble!

Good ole overclockers strike again, woop ee dooooo

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
In my eyes, they just broke several laws ... :rolleyes:

I only buy software online. ;)

:user:

CSB

Reaction score
Overclockers, they make me laugh.

I recently bought my first 2 parts for my new pc build from them, first being the i7 950 and the other being Asus Sabertooth mobo, cpu arrived with some bubble wrap around it but box had a big crease still on the top, the mobo just came in a sheet of plastic !!!. Can you believe them. I hope the mobo hasn't suffered any nasty shocks whilst in transit. I can't check it as I need the rest of my pc first. do you guys think it would be ok ???

I sent them a complaint e mail the other day about the lack of protection and about how much I was charged on each order (I ordered both seperately), example. the mobo is listed on the site as 159.99 inc VAT, P+P 9, I made that out after ordering as 168.99 but they charged me 170.56.

They got back to me saying

"Asus X58 Sabertooth TUF Motherboard £136.16 + VAT = £159.99 inc

DPD Next Day Shipping (Monday- Friday) £9.00 + VAT =£10.58 inc

Total Order Cost = £170.56 inc "

So they expected me to pay vat on p+p aswell !!!

The p+p charge was not made clear when ordered as it still said 9, they must have added it to the VAT of the board, clever monkeys arn't they.

The bloke who responded to me was rude, and kept calling me Sir which was annoying, my name is Rob, I haven't been knighted recently, well not to my knowledge. a bit more of his email to me below

"The total price would have been clearly displayed before you pressed the buy button sir. "

Total price was clear but they failed to say how they hid the extra on. I feel cheated and conned.

My advice to anyone who has never used them is don't, too much of a risk you'll end up having problems.

They failed to even mention my complaint about the cpu which was included with the mobo.

Sorry to rant, just needed to get it off my chest. I hope your problems get sorted out asap Reefsmoka.

I'll leave the stage now and hand you back over to Reefsmoka (Leaves stage with a red face)

Rob

P.s, I had already typed all of this out (better the first time) and when I went to post the site timed me out. well I've copied it this time just incase lol.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
CSB: Did I not warn you?

Take a look at your PC build thread. post # 12, where I say:

It's also worth checking out OCUK in our dealer ratings forum section. I've purchased components from OCUK for over ten years with only one small problem and they've dealt quickly and efficiently with two rma's but it's worth reading what others have to say about them. I no longer use them.

I feel a bit disappointed really as I liked this supplier but there's no smoke without fire and I'm seeing too much bad crap to ignore about OCUK lately.

But, for what it's worth, have to be fair, every online supplier charges VAT on postage, so you can't really complain there.

It's also true to say that many online suppliers - and not just of computer parts - make their charges including postage very murky, sometimes very hard to understand.

As Mucks has commented, can't beat a high street store which is why when their prices are decent I will often use PC World, believe it or not.

Trouble is, their prices ain't often that decent...

CSB

Reaction score
Should have kept in mind what you said floppybootstomp, I have been reading up and watching so many you tube videos on the latest cases, mobos, cpu's etc that its all like I'm in a washing machine. been trying to catch up from when I last built a system which is 5 years ago.

Plus work hasn't been great which has been off putting also, feel free to give me a slap for buying from Overclockers lol. whooaaa, I've never seen a queue form so fast lol.

I just hope the mobo is fine, all looks ok, I did question with the site why was the box not sealed, they said no manufacture seals mobo boxes anymore as a way to cut down packaging. sounds like pigs are flying there, you just don't believe it. or maybe they don't anymore ?.

Last mobo I bought previously was the Asus P4C800-E Deluxe with the 875P chipset I think. think I bought that one from Overclock and some components from Tekheads. Can't remember if that one had a seal of some kind. you never buy a Retail CPU thats open do you.

After the way I feel cheated by Overclockers, it makes me wonder if they'd be the kind of company to have a faulty return from a customer and then just ship that same board out to another customer even though it may be faulty. Thats the kind of light I can't help but see them in now.

I promise to take on board and listen to you guys from now on, Hail PCREVIEW Crew, I'll read things twice maybe even thrice in future.

What do people think of Aria and Scan, never used them myself and sometimes they have the cheapest prices, but are they cheapest for a reason ?. they say you get what you pay for.

Had dispatch e mails from both Overclock (Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OEM) and Amazon (Antec 1200 Retail Case). doubt they'd come tomorrow, prob be the next day.

Looking for Memory next (6GB Tri set, I read up on some OCZ memory from the latest Custompc mag (SKU OCZ3P1600ELV6GK) page 67, they also have snazy led lights which light up when accessed but should I avoid that stuff and go for something else, recomendations are welcome.

I'll start my own thread tomorrow as I feel I'm taking over Reefsmoka's thread, apologies in advance.

Keep us updated on what Overclockers tell you about the speakers, personally I wouldn't believe they are sent off to Creative, prob still sitting in their office/warehouse.

Not long before christmas now, wheres our tree ? lol

Rob

Last edited:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Well I rang overclockers earlier because someone at work said they were breaking the law by not giving me a direct replacement of the speakers and instead sending them to the manufacturer. I waited a good 15 minutes on the phone before i got an answer. I told him that there breaking the law in the sales of goods act but he just come out saying that there allowed to send it back the manufacturer and sort it out with me in a reasonable time, so I asked whats "a reasonable time" and he said 28 days! I was speechless, i ended up nearly losing my cool with him so I just had to put the phone down.

I checked the sales of goods act online and there is a line stating my contract is in fact with overlockers and not the manufacturer so they are indeed breaking the law. I've emailed them a letter of complaint which is below:

"I sent back the item that corresponds to the RMA number which is not working properly only to get an email from yourselves saying you've sent it back to the manufacturer. Now the problem here is that I bought the item from you and not the manufacturer and you have therefore broke our contract/the sales of goods act law.

quote from the sales of good act

"Your contract is with the trader and not the manufacturer and you should always go back to them to make a claim under the Sale of Goods Act. "

I find it quite disgraceful that you don't just sort things like this out as soon as possible. I've had to pay £9 postage to get the item to you, the least you could do as a "trader" is sort it all out in a timely fashion. I can assure you I regret ever using overclockers UK and will never use yourselves ever again. I've had nothing but problems from day 1 with using your RMA/customer services. You would think spending over £1200 with you in an order you would take care of the customer, but I guess not. I just hope you don't treat all you customers like this."

I will let you all know how it goes.

Everyone out there just do yourself and don't EVER use overclockers UK , they are a terrible online retailer and should not be allowed to trade. DO NOT USE OVERCLOCKERS UK !!!!!!!!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
Sounds like they've really gone down hill since i last used them. I haven't used them since they screwed me around with a 'next day' delivery which wasn't and still charged me for the privilege of waiting
wallbash.gif

I feel for you Reef, hope it gets sorted out

CSB

Reaction score
I was kept waiting for 4 days delivery with my 2 items and still got charged Next Day, they must be slow in the head, one day to us is 4 days to them, proper empty heads.

I paid over 10.50 for my mobo to be sent, and that took 4 days, came in just a plastic sheet, No buble wrap. poor thing was probably concust when it reached me.

Havn't been able to check if its ok due to not having the rest of the kit yet.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Well still havent heard a single word from them. Overclockers uk / ocuk worst retailer ever !!!!

CSB

Reaction score
I'm not surprised Reefsmoka, I had an RMA number emailed to me about 6 days ago for the ASUS Sabertooth Mobo, valid for 28 days.

Well because of the snow, I have felt it was no point trying to send it back straight away. but earlier I read the entire email and was disgusted at the cheek of section 4.

"4. Returned items must be packaged properly and shipped in a PLAIN OUTER BOX. ALL RETURNED PACKAGES MUST HAVE THE RMA NUMBER CLEARLY VISIBLE ON TWO SIDES OF THE OUTER PACKAGING. Any items that are poorly packed or received without RMA numbers will be REJECTED and subject to a £10 + return shipping + VAT charge.

How dare they tell me I have to return it fully protected and in a plain box, when they !!! send it to me with nothing but a plastic sheet !!!. I never condone violence but don't they just make you want to smack em one.

I also havn't even bothered to take the mobo out of the anti static bag so they better not dare try to refuse my refund when I send it back to them.

They make me so angry and they probably think they are clever. You can imagine them sitting there and saying "what should we say to this one" and then a chuckle.

NEVER NEVER NEVER again.

On a brighter note, I plan to buy the board from Kustompcs, I've already had a super fast reply from Graeme. Thinking of buying the Noctua NH-D14 HSF from the site too.

Have you emailed them again Reefsmoka ?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
tbh I'm wondering if they've had a change of management/ownership recently as they've been largely ok in the past.

Damn shame, really :(

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
CSB said:
Have you emailed them again Reefsmoka ?

Not yet, not going to bother getting myself worked up before xmas, there only going to give me some bull****.

CSB

Reaction score
You couldn't be more right Reefsmoka, is a time to forget about OCUK and enjoy the holiday's with family and friends.

Just 3 days and it will be Christmas, can't believe how fast its come around again.

Whats everyone got planned ?

We'll be going over to my Finacee's brother house to take over their presents. they have 3 kids (all boys) so its really a morning for the little ones. their into Iron Man, Ben 10, Spiderman etc.

When I was about their age (well a few years older than they are now as I was about 9) I was into He-Man and the original Hulk, also A Team, Knight Rider, Airwolf ... Not forgetting a one of series call Streethawk (Motorcycle tv series). Thundercats, Wurzel Gummage, the list goes on lol.

Happy Christmas all

Rob

Reaction score
My wife is working on Christmas morning then we are going out to friends for Christmas dinner and it is her turn to drive, Cheers;) :thumb:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Finally got a reply from them, and here it is:

"I am sorry to hear of your complaint, as the item that you have ordered is over 28days old we are allowed a reasonable amount of time to replace the item that we have confirmed as faulty, a reasonable amount of time is not given by Law but is widely considered to be 28days, therefore we have returned the item back to the supplier or manufacturer of the item, once we have received the replacement back from them we will then forward this on to you as soon as possible.

As soon as we receive your replacement we will send this to you, Sorry I cannot be of more assistance to you on this occasion.

Regards

Chris Montgomery

Technical Manager
Overclockers UK"

Its like they dont want the custom.

CSB

Reaction score
They need to brush up on their email training, as it’s appalling.

Quote "once we have received the replacement back from them we will then forward this on to you as soon as possible.

As soon as we receive your replacement we will send this to you, Sorry I cannot be of more assistance to you on this occasion." Unquote.

Repeating the same information with slightly changed wording, they clearly have No sense of quality control anywhere within the business. a trained monkey would be able to give us better service than them.

I plan to send the Sabertooth Mobo back to them today, I have included a covering letter but doubt it will get taken seriously. I have made it clear to them the disgust I feel towards their service (lack of), and I wish for a full refund as made clear in previous correspondence.

Last edited:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Well its been over a month and havent heard anything from overclockers so i sent them another email:

"Any news on said rma (RMA******) ? Its been over a month now, quite disgraceful. You should have just sent a replacement out straight the way like any other half decent company, but i guess your not even half decent."

CSB

Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear that Reefsmoka, is a rediculous amount of time you've had to wait already. They really should be disgusted with themselfs.

OCUK sent me an email about a week ago saying they had processed a refund for the Asus Sabertooth mobo I sent back to them. I had included a letter to them explaining how disgusted I am with them.

Also stated I had kept a copy of all correspondence for my records, I would have used all this to show the lawyer/courts just what they are if it came to that. the lack of care and appaling email responses.

I even kept the original packaging to show what flimsy thin piece of plastic material they used to send it to me after paying "£11 P+P "Exhibit A" so to speak.

I was quite surprised they emailed me so fast after receiving the board back to say they had refunded. I would like to think it was because of my included letter but who knows.

I'm sure you'll receive a reply soon, they have too. the longer they leave it, the more thay leave themselfs open for a mauling.

When its all over and done with, I'd recommend deleteing your account with them and emailing them to ask for your details to be removed from their database (which would be used for marketing emails etc). They have to do that by law when you ask them too.

Last edited:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
This is the reply, excellent spelling and all:

"I do apologise but we are still awating from the manufacuter. I will send an email over to chase them up about this for you.

Regards,

James Bailey"

CSB

Reaction score
James is one of the monkeys I had a reply from, clearly no email training and no quality control before the emails go out.

I'd love to see their interviewing and applicant quality process. OCUK job advertising must promise free bananas.

At least he's got the grasp of apologising this time, I hope you hear back from him asap Reefsmoka.

Ask a Question