Overclockers - Would you chance them ??

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
So it was Friday afternoon when I ordered from , Overclockers , E-buyer , Aria and E-bay . As it was the end of the week I did not expect items to arrive until Monday or Tuesday .

Arias parcel arrived well packed on Tuesday.

E-bays parcel arrived well packed on Tuesday.

E-Buyers parcel arrived well packed on Friday - this was as expected as they were giving FREE POSTAGE and it realy should not have arrived until the begining of the next week .

Where was Overclockers parcel ?? I'd paid their hefty postage charges and they promised 48 hour delivery !
Wednessday afternoon I rang them to ask about my delivery .

Hi my name is ****** order number ***** my parcel hasn't arrived .

Its not been sent.

Whys that .

We haven't got the items in stock.

What do you mean .

Its a B grade item and we are waiting for one to turn up . Would you like to order a replacement from the catalogue .

So how long would you have left me waiting for my order .

Until one showed up .

So you were going to leave me waiting for how long ? Until maybe possibly a B grade item showed up . Did you not even think to send an e-mail informing me that the item was unavailable .

The conversation went on and I eventualy ordered the retail version of the part I was after . Aftre being kept on hold for some time I was informed that the parcel would be sent out that day as they could just manage to catch the late delivery slot .
I was not happy .

The parcel arrived the next morning . A box with something rattling around inside it , I made a note of this on the delivery drivers docket .
Opening the box you can see from the pictures why it was rattling around .
I was not happy .

I think that it is disgraceful that Overclockers did not have the decency to send me an e-mail telling me that the item was unavailable . Its disgraceful that they were just going to let me sit and wait for some undetermined amount of time untill they had replacement stock . Its disgraceful that they sent out an expensive piece of kit so badly packaged .

This is the second time that Overclockers have not sent out a B grade item that has been paid for when they do not have it in stock and no e-mail has been sent to inform me of this . It seems that they could not care less about how much time their customers spend twiddling their thumbs waiting , and why should they , they have been paid , let the customer wait , no need to bother with decent buisness practice the moneys in the bank .

In contrast , I ordered from E-Buyer at another time and the item was out of stock by the time my order was proccesed . They sent me an e-mail , canceling the order , refunding my money and apologised for the inconvenience . Within one hour of placing the order , now thats good customer service .

I know a lot of you have had trouble free deals with Overclockers but for me they look to be a company that has a very poor attitude towards their customers nd poor packaging . In todays hi tech world it does not take much effort to keep a check on stock levels and costs next to nothing to send out e-mails to customers keeping them informed .

wallbash.gif
:(

Attachments

• Image00010.jpg
    Image00010.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 407
  • Image00011.jpg
    Image00011.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 367
  • Image00012.jpg
    Image00012.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 335
  • Image00013.jpg
    Image00013.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 364
Reaction score
That's harsh isn't it!
It's crazy how they struggle to provide the simplest of services.
Hope the MoBo is faultless!?

Reaction score
Nope I would not use them..:( Very poor service indeed.

A point of interest to youself? That ASUS MOB is the same model I and many others had DOA.....[Faulty batch] So get ready for a return item RMA.:wall:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Tell you what Ab! I would of told em where to stuff there order had that have been me...and demanded a full refund there and then and gone elsewhere...

**** poor customer service is not tolerated anymore by me...:nod:

I have just gone through the same shoddy customer service ritual with eBuyer and I thought they had shook themselves up a bit and improved, well it seems they are still the same beast as they have always been, Slow, lumbering and a joke...They sent me out a refurb Kpac 4gb that was still faulty and took a week or more to get to me even though I had paid for early delivery, I then had to send it back again paying for recorded delivery to them, they didn't reimburse me the postage for sending back to them or my original early delivery fee..
They then sent out another Kpac that took nearly another week to get here and guess what! they sent it royal mail standard parcels..What a joke I am surprised it even worked as the box was just chucked into another box no packaging or bubble wrap and the item was rattling around taking all sorts of shocks and knocks...Example below just like Abs pic when will these companys learn...

P1000175.jpg

I opens the Kpac up and lo and behold its another return been sent out as new again and repackaged...By this time I am mightily ****ed off and decide to try the Kpac out of sheer frustration, and it works but have to do a firmware upgrade and software upgrade to get the gizmo working properly, then I upgraded an ini. file and the player is now working perfectly as it should but I had to do the work and apply my expertise to get a working item from eBuyer and I had to pay over the odds to get it, which just isn't on in my book..I will not pay for second hand goods when I buy new....

That as they say is that and my association with eBuyer has ended on that note...

Oh well its back to Amazon and CCL Online again....It seems the only 2 places that actually go out of their way to provide the customer with what they asked for... New goods, good customer service and a bargain...

Anyway thought I would post a few pics of my new Gizmo for all to see..It is the business now I have sorted it...Screen clarity is exceptional and sound quality can't be beaten...

Sorry AB don't mean to hijack your thread mate, but your tale of woe just got me going...I wasn't going to post my tale of woe but seeing yours just frustrated me even more...

P1000187.jpg

Pink Floyd PULSE dvd Ripped to the Kpac....Impressive I think you'll agree

P1000184.jpg

Sam brown and the Girls

P1000185.jpg

Gilmour on Guitar

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Tell you what Ab! I would of told em where to stuff there order had that have been me...and demanded a full refund there and then and gone elsewhere...

I would have told them to stuff it , but I was ordering some ram from them at a very good price . I tried for an hour or so on-line to find another supplier for the mobo and ram but could not find anyone with similar price or stock so I reluctantly ordered from them . Will I ever order from them again , probably not , and I would never ever recommend them to anyone either . :(

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've got that Pink Floyd Video on my 30Gb I-Pod, looks good :)

Overclockers are the supplier I use the most and I've never had a major problem with them but my last order I was annoyed about.

Just like Ab, they didn't have one item (CD-R's, actually) so they never sent the order out.

I waited in a whole day for nothing :mad:

Phoned them up the following day, arranged an alternative product and the whole order was delivered the following day. Which meant I had to stay in again to take delivery.

That really isn't good enough, I'm afraid. They could e-mail me or phone me and ask me for an alternative product, they could post the order with a note saying such and such an item is out of stock and refund my credit card for the cost.

But just to not send the goods, when you're expecting it to arrive at a certain time, is really out of order.

The last big order I had, in March, was from E-Buyer - no probs at all, but I'm still wary of them. I probably will only use Overclockers in the future reluctantly.

Only online suppliers I absolutely trust are Kustom PC's and Chillblast but they are a little more expensive than most. And Amazon of course, they're brilliant, but they don't stock enthusiast's parts do they?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I had a similar issue with their lack of 'out of stock' notification - I had ordered quite alot of kit and wondered why I hadn't received it when expected, phoned and they held it back to wait for a floppy drive - like you I was not impressed they were holding back my whole order for this without informing me.

I think the notification issue is something they really need to look into.

Having said all that, I have had few problems with OCUK, and its always been packaged well - there will always be problems at times with anything you order regardless of company - but what you do expect is that it is sorted out properly when it happens.

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i must say aria and ebuyer get a :thumb:

ordered my HD on sunday, turned up on tuesday packaged better than anything i've ever ordered, which i was impressed with

ebuyer took a day longer but again it was packaged well and there were no problems

def gonna use them over OCUK, mainly coz it was cheaper even before the discounts (which have now finished :()

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Well I sent a link to this thread to Overclockers today , I'll be very interested to see if I get any sort of a reply .

Its interesting to note that Overclockers charge £8.25 for postage , it is not until you have filled in your order that you notice that they add vat bringing this up to a whopping £9.69 . The Royal Mail charge,

Special Delivery -Next Day or your money back ,

1Kg £6.00
2Kg £7.75
10Kg £19.95

and that includes insurance up to £500 .

Rant and grumble over for now . I'm gona try out that board next week as me shedule has been cocked up . If it don't work as my mate Arnie says " I'll be back "
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
LOL should be interesting to read a reply if any.

They know of us, so they should also know of the amount of members and national and global coverage we have. Not that is meant as a threat in anyway what so ever, however it is to simply signify that word of mouth does travel very, very fast and if they like other online retailer don't get their act together business's can run into problems quite quickly!

I personally have not had a problem with them upto now, however if I ever do rest assured it will be known here ;)

GL mate keep all of us informed please ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Never hada prob myself with OCUK, sent stuff back, RMA # over the phone. Always packaged well. :)

This is what i got from Ebuyer today, only ordered a few little bits, on the cheapest slowest delivery possible. (ordered the beginning of the week) It still came by City Link. :confused:

I couldn't beleve what i came home to!! Look at that!!!

There was also two cans of compressed air in there.....And no, there was NOT any packaging in there either!! Maybe they ran out of jiffy bags???? :confused:

attachment.php

[/rant]

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 405

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Nice box.

laughingsmiley.gif

* int that the std size box so City Link don't loose it? *

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
V_R said:
Never hada prob myself with OCUK, sent stuff back, RMA # over the phone. Always packaged well. :)

This is what i got from Ebuyer today, only ordered a few little bits, on the cheapest slowest delivery possible. (ordered the beginning of the week) It still came by City Link. :confused:

I couldn't beleve what i came home to!! Look at that!!!

There was also two cans of compressed air in there.....And no, there was NOT any packaging in there either!! Maybe they ran out of jiffy bags???? :confused:

Your components are hardly going to suffer damage due to lack of padding now are they . :D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Heres the reply from my e-mail to Overclockers , it was recieved after only 3 hours . Thats a pretty quick response . Nice to see they are at least looking at their problems though it did look like a stock reply to me . If I was running the company I would want someone to urgently look at the "stock control system" they have implemented . Get that right and you are on a winner .
nod.gif

Attachments

• 2007-06-16_121249.png
    2007-06-16_121249.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 237

Ask a Question