Realtek Audio

Reaction score
Hi, since buying a new Zoostorm PC (Windows 10 Home) I constantly get warnings flashing up for unplugging audio jacks when I haven’t done so. (see attached screenshot). I contacted Zoostorm who sent me on a merry-go-round.

1. Please can you download your drivers at : http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5021#dl

This should resolve all your further issues with audio

Following this the problem disappeared but I no longer had the Realtek Audio Manager. Audio worked but I had lost the ability to listen to telephone conversations through my speakers.

2. Zoostorm asked me to find the Audio manager on my system which was not there.

3. None of the advice from Zoostorm solved the problem so I re-ran the driver installation. I got my Audio Manager back. However I also got back the original problem!

4. Zoostorm then asked me to arrange for them to collect my PC for them to sort it out but said I had to remove everything I had installed on it!!! They said “it will be returned to its original factory settings”. You know how long it takes to set up a PC. They also said I would be charged if they found no fault etc.

Can anyone help me with this annoying Realtek problem?

Attachments

• Realtec.pdf
    62.8 KB · Views: 239

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
go get the Realtek drivers ... good luck! Realtek are next to Flash in my book.

make sure you get the 64bit ones if you OS is 64bits :)

Reaction score
Done that & as you can see on the attached, it is a different file to the one I installed before & not the one instructed by Zoostorm.

Should I run it?

Attachments

• Realtek Driver Downloads.pdf
    26.1 KB · Views: 341

muckshifter

Reaction score
Should I run it?
yes. :)

It will either fix the 'problem' or not ... once installed, check Windows update, sometimes they'll have the odd driver update.

Failing all that, there are some reasonably priced PCIE sound cards (non-realtek) that will give you better sound.

:user:

Reaction score
Ran the installation but the problem is still there.
Do you believe it is a fault with Realtek or could it be the new Zoostorm PC? It does not happen on my old Win 10 (PRO) machine.
If it is the PC, is there any fix, short of returning it to the manufacturers which would be massive hassle.

muckshifter

Reaction score
Install a sound card.
The 'problem' is Realtek & Windows ... I've had 'problems' with Realtek in the past, and believe it or not with my present system. On my system, it "found new device" and just worked one day out of the blue, and don't touch the speaker cable or you'll get a loud buzz/hum.

fraid I can't help further, it's not worth the hassle of RMAing the whole system

:user:

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I will dump Realtek & get a new sound card. I only use audio for speech replays, any advice on best card to get?

PS what does RMAing the whole system mean?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I will dump Realtek & get a new sound card. I only use audio for speech replays, any advice on best card to get?

A basic Asus Xonar DG will do you ok, they're about £25. Make sure you get one to suit the correct slot, either pci or pci-e, it's probably pci-e, your manual will tell you.

PS: Before you fit a new card, make sure you disable the onboard sound in the BIOS. Probably a good idea to uninstall the Realtek drivers as well.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. How do I disable the on-board sound in the BIOS?

At boot, enter the BIOS, usually by pressing the 'Del' key (your manual will tell you) look for the section labelled 'on board devices' or similar, find audio, change it's box from 'Enabled' to 'Disabled' or similar.

If you can't find on board devices look under one of the 'Bridge' settings.

Reaction score
Just wanted to let all those who helped me with this know the end result.

It turned out that the problem was not being caused by any software, but by a faulty mic socket on the motherboard. I eventually proved this by connecting to the front socket on the PC & the problem disappeared.

After a drawn out battle with Zoostorm, involving ARGOS, Zoostorm have supplied me with a new motherboard for me to fit myself. I hope I don’t get it wrong when I swap the boards.

Reaction score
So glad you have solved the problem. Just take it steady and think what you are doing and you will be fine and if you are not sure give us a shout and one of us will help you out. But as a OAP and ex manual worker can do it so can you.:thumb:

Ask a Question