help for idiot

Reaction score
Hi peoples, I've just got myself a new zoostorm comp and the screen keeps going blank - any ideas, comes back on instantly but worrying cos its new, the other thing i'd like help with is my computer has a 6 channel sound system, this idiot me thought it meant it had built in speakers, duh! Anyhow got some speakers neutrac they came with a pair of yellow red white and yellow cable things! that look like they fit in the sub woofer 2 more cables that go from the speakers to the sub woofer and with no more space on the sub woofer or speakers and no more cables, how the hell ( pardon the swearing) Do I connect it to my computer. Please help its been driving my crackers

Reaction score
Sounds like your power saving option is set too on

Start>settings>control panel>power options

Look for "turn off monitor" set appropriately

AS for speaker look for colours on rear of speakers. Then look on rear of computer for symbols.

An arrow going into a set of brackets is audio in
An arrow going out is audio out

Yellow is usually Video however but maybe its being used for the Sub on your speakers

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Whatever operating system you're using probably has 'power saving' features enabled one of which will be to shut down the monitor display after a set time. Look for Power Options or similar and set them all to 'Never'.

Didn't the loudspeaker setup come with instructions? How many loudspeakers do you have? You'd normally connect the power to the sub-woofer, either a mains cable or a DC power adaptor connector. The other loudspeakers will then plug into the sub-woofer and the cables are often colour coded.

Then one or more cables from the sub-woofer with jack plugs on will plug into the sound sockets at the rear of your computer. I can't be specific cos I don't know what setup you have in detail but look for an instruction set with the loudspeakers, if no paperwork there may be a manual on an accompanying CD.

Ask a Question