Samsung TV new wont put enough signal out power for sound bar?

Reaction score
Samsung TV Model UN32J4000

SOUND BAR LUGULAKE MODEL T-180BT if I had a little amplifier box in series from the optical out port to the sound bar perhaps this for solve the low out put signal / what do you think?

I have been on chats and tried changing to PCM format, changed auto volume on to off , change to RC red and white cables no change nothing helps my other TV a San yo with head phone out jacks worked fine however this new Samsung just isn't putting enough signal power out for the sound bar ,I think the little amplifier may help ,I even tried external speaker settings and both speakers on nothing will give the Soundbar the boost it needs I believe the factory set Pr amp out for the audio external speakers are fixed very low what do you think?

Attachments

• LUGALAKE BACK PANEL T39.jpg
    LUGALAKE BACK PANEL T39.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 356
  • samsung sound bar.JPG
    samsung sound bar.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 2,627

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just to confirm... have you used just a normal optical cable from the TV to the sound bar?

That shouldn't need an amplifier or boosting, that optical cable should be enough.

Reaction score
I USED iVANSKY A GOOD ONE OPTICAL cable its just that my other TV has head phone out port and its very loud and good with my sound bar howsoever from the Samsung optical out its very low output to the soundbar?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If it's a volume issue with optical out, it's likely a menu setting on the TV or configuration of the soundbar. I'm not familiar with that TV or soundbar model, but I suspect if you have a play around with the volume settings it will be fixable :).

Reaction score
If it's a volume issue with optical out, it's likely a menu setting on the TV or configuration of the soundbar. I'm not familiar with that TV or soundbar model, but I suspect if you have a play around with the volume settings it will be fixable :).
so far in the manual that came with the TV there isn't a sound out optical port volume control SO WILL THIS Amplify THE OPTICAL SIGNAL OUT Cmple - Optical Toslink Jack to Toslink Jack Digital Audio Amplifier Box here is the link to Amazon

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think that is to amplify the signal over a long distance, not to control the volume. Is there no volume control for the soundbar?

Reaction score
I think that is to amplify the signal over a long distance, not to control the volume. Is there no volume control for the soundbar?
Oh yes when I turn the volume up to full the sound is only coming out at about 40% not very loud as compared to when it was hooked up to my other TV a Sanyo 2017 I ordered the little optical amplifier box, if there isn't any louder signal Ill just send it back. the only other alternative is to purchase a optical in and amplified Bluetooth out because my sound bar is loud on my Blue tooth I Phone 8 I tried it very loud.

Attachments

• LUGALAKE BACK PANEL T39.jpg
    LUGALAKE BACK PANEL T39.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 239
  • LUGALAKE T39 GOOD BLUE TOOK REMOTE.jpg
    LUGALAKE T39 GOOD BLUE TOOK REMOTE.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 250
  • samsung sound bar.JPG
    samsung sound bar.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 237

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Have you turned up the volume using the sound bar remote control AND the TV remote control?

Reaction score
Have you turned up the volume using the sound bar remote control AND the TV remote control?
the TV remote on;y turns up the volume on its internal speakers , and my soundbar on full volume turned up is where the loudness ends . teh TV speakers go loud but the sound bar volume control on full loud will not bring up the volume paste abrupt 40% do you think the signal out from my new Samsung TV is just a low fixed setting?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you please try going to the TV settings and look for audio (may be under additional setting under the audio menu) - you should try and set the digital audio out audio format to "dolby digital" and see if that helps. Ideally, also disable the onboard speakers (look for a setting to only enable digital/optical out).

I'm fairly sure that you can fix this in the TV audio settings menu, but as I can't see what the options are, you'll need to have a little play around :).

Ask a Question