surround 5.1 problem (already checked, there is no further solutions on THIS forum)

G

have an Intel mother board with integrated audio card. i disabled it and installed a C-Media 8738 5.1 PCI so i can use the PCTRONIX home theater that i bought. i already configured EVERYTHING. in windows, in every program, etc
Now, let's see; the card has a tester wich provides me the option to listen every speaker by separate. the problem is that I Can hear both front and rear speakers but when i press on the center speaker the audio goes through the WOOFER and when i press on the WOOFER speaker i cant hear a THING.
The mixer of the card has a volume control. there i can control the Front Right, the Front Left, the Rear Right and the Rear Left speakers (while the TESTER is running) but when i move with the BASS volume, nothing happens. thers is no change. and when i move the CENTER channel, the sound that is coming from the WOOFER, gets low. in other words: the center control is right, but the sound isnt coming from the CENTER SPEAKER. at first, i thought that the CENTER jack maybe was no working (wich, is the same that the BASS) but in the config of the tester, when i chose a 6 SPEAKERS system to test (like, 2 front, 2 rear and 2 center) the REAR CENTER was working for the CENTER SPEAKER. I mean, when i pressed the REAR CENTER button (wich i dont have cuase my system is a WOOFER and 5 SATELITES) the sound came from the CENTER speaker. and when i pressed the CENTER the sound came from the WOOFER, like before. But this prooves that the jack from the card is working, otherwise it wouldn't sound
i noticed too, that the center speaker, if i aproach i can hear like a bass noise. reaally low. but perceptible
Must say too, that tthe system has the option for FM RADIO and when i use it, every speaker sounds correctly. there is no problem, so it is not a home theater problem

That's it. hope i said everything so u can help me soon. i have visited a lot of forums and theres is no answer.

G

Have you contacted PCTRONIX tech support for help or even read the instruction
that accompany your speakers? Remember, if all else fails, read...................
Your question is too elongated for a short response. Time is short, and so i
my life.

Ask a Question