Flops' Friday mini blog

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Nowt wrong with Beko. My fridge freezer is about the same age if not older, cost me £110. Still works fine and dandy.:cool:

Nice job on the plinth. :nod:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the fridge freezer :( It sucks when you're planning on buying yourself something fun and then have the decision taken out of your hands by something boring. It's called being an adult I guess, boo!

Nice job on the plinth. :nod:

Agreed! :thumb:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
and then have the decision taken out of your hands by something boring.

Nowt boring about fridge freezers. Mine has saved me tons and tons of loot over the time I have owned it. I have had loads of fun calculating the savings for over a decade now. :lol:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Rummaged around in me box of spare bits and realised I had enough components left over from previous builds to put a turntable chassis together, So I did. All it needs now is an arm and a plinth. The paint was a shade that I wanted and took some finding. It's a stock colour for a Nissan Figaro and named Emerald Green though to me it looks more Minty Green. Halfords made to order.

633.jpg

638.jpg

639.jpg

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Warhol style gets my vote. Leave the tins as they are though or just give them a coat of clear sealant.

:cool:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Phew what a scorcher! A tad warm today was it not. Two of three daughters and one of their boyfriends visited today and we visited Shorne Park near Cobham/Gravesend way, ate ice cream and walked about a bit. This was to celebrate my birthday earlier in the week. A coupla snaps:

101555.jpg

101556.jpg

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Ice-cream and a stroll in the sunshine sounds like a perfect day! :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Ooh nice photos Sir Flopps, it sounds like a very enjoyable outing. What could be nicer than a scenic walk in this lovely Spring weather - not forgetting the ice cream treats of course! :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've had fireworks on me patio 3 nights in a row, I can hear music (ooo, Beach Boys song) and people are wearing odd costumes. And there are ships. Below we see a Brit having just returned from high jinks in Washington in 1814 and a couple of Mer people.

797_800.jpg

816_800.jpg

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
How bizarre! Those costumes are fantastic though. What was it all in aid of?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
A few snaps.

My daughter Lucy ran the London Marathon on Sunday, made a time of 3:37:34. Lucy's the paramedic working in Cardiff.

The railway station at Greenwich became very busy during the marathon.

And... Seagulls outside where I live. Be quiet Mr Mucks, I know their 'proper' name isn't Seagulls but likely some fancy pancy latin name but us common folk know them as seagulls so seagulls they shall be. They been going a bit nutty lately, perhaps it's that mating time of year.

LucyMarathon.jpg

#
906_800.jpg

Seagulls_800.jpg

Last edited:

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
My daughter Lucy ran the London Marathon on Sunday, made a time of 3:37:34. Lucy's the paramedic working in Cardiff.

Apropos of nothing

Conclusions

Medicare beneficiaries who were admitted to marathon-affected hospitals with acute myocardial infarction or cardiac arrest on marathon dates had longer ambulance transport times before noon (4.4 minutes longer) and higher 30-day mortality than beneficiaries who were hospitalized on nonmarathon dates.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Good on your daughter! That is a very respectable time too. :bow:

She should be proud, and so should you. :)

Seagulls are evil. :mad:

Ask a Question