Over half of young online gamers are bullied

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
According to a recent study done by an anti-bullying charity, 57 per cent of online gamers aged between 12 and 25 years suffer bullying online, and of those people 22 percent stopped playing a game as a result. BBC News has more:

One 16-year-old gamer, Bailey Mitchell, told the BBC he had experienced bullying while playing online games since the age of 10.

"If you're going to school every day and you're being bullied in school you want to go home to your computer to escape," he said.

"So if you're getting more abuse thrown at you it's going to put you off doing anything social - it has for a lot of people I know, me included.

"It's regular, every other game you're in, there's always someone who has a mic or types in chat. They'll call you some random abusive thing they can think of."

Read more here.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Never mind youngsters getting bullied, I get bullied and I ain't no spring chicken!

Mind you, those doing the insulting don't know my age. It struck me that there are truly a lot of messed up and sad people in this world. Sometimes I give as good as I get, other times I just ignore.

My favourites are those who think it's clever to 'insult' folk by calling them Gay, Faggot etc - that's an insult? Like - **** off. If they try and target me I just ask them where they'd like to meet for a rude time :D That usually puts them off.

Ask a Question