School 1970 and School 2010

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
SCHOOL -- 1970 vs. 2010

Scenario:
Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.
1970 - Crowd gathers. Johnny wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best mates for life.
2010 - Police called, arrest Johnny and Mark.. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Mark started it. Both children go to anger management programs for 3 months. School board hold meeting to impliment bullying prevention programs.

Scenario:
Robbie won't keep still in class, disrupts other students.
1970 - Robbie sent to office and given 6 of the best by the Headmaster. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.
2010 - Robbie given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADD. Robbie's parents get fortnightly disability payments and school gets extra funding from state because Robbie has a disability.

Scenario :
Billy breaks a window in his neighbour's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.
1970 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.
20010 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. Goverment psychologist suggests to Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison.

Scenario :
Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.
1970 - Mark gets glass of water from teacher to take aspirin with.
2010 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Parents' car searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario :
Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from Guy Fawkes, puts them in a model airfix paint bottle, blows up an ant’s nest.
1970 - Ants die.
2010- Police, Armed Forces, & Anti-terrorism Squad called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, MI5 investigate parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated. Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario :
Johnny falls while running during break and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.
1970 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.
2010 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

This should be sent to everyone to show how stupid we have become!
Think about it!

Reaction score
I love the ant bomb line. I'm not even that old, but things were different even when I was in school in the 90s.

Reaction score
I used to blow up Airfix models, but that was in the 50's. Yes you are rightwe have become too PC correct:(

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Sadly, that's absolutely true :(

Myself, I left school two years before the date in the title, you shouldda seen what it was like before then. We didn't just get caned, we dripped blood!

And of course it has turned me into a fine, sane, rational human being....

I think. Pass me my number six blade would you Chivemey, I feel the need to stroll the streets of Whitechapel tonight....

Seriously - what the hell has happened?

Ask a Question