The Italian Tomato Garden

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Not sure if this one's well known or not or if you've heard it before.

I saw it pinned to the wall in a school office I was working in yesterday. It gave me a chuckle so here it be:

The Italian Tomato garden.

An old Italian man lived alone in the country. He wanted to dig his tomato garden but it was very hard work as the ground was hard.

His only son, Vincent, who used to help him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament.

Dear Vincent

I am feeling pretty badly because it looks like I won’t be able to plant my tomato garden this year. I’m just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. I know if you were here my troubles would be over. I know you would be happy to dig the plot for me.

Love

Dad

A few days later he received a letter from his son.

Dear Dad

Don’t dig up that garden. That’s where I buried the bodies.

Love

Vinnie

At 4am the next morning, FBI agents and local police arrived and dug up the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologized to the old man and left. That same day the old man received another letter from his son.

Dear Dad

Go ahead and plant the tomatoes now. That’s the best I could do under the circumstances.

Love you

Vinnie

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
lmao, that brilliant
laughingsmiley.gif

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Superb flops :) ..nearly as good as one of your own
nod.gif