Gaming Computer

Reaction score
Hi All,

My 6 year old son loves his computer games and has asked his mum to buy him a computer for christmas. I always thought building a computer was the best way as you get more bang for your buck and you can upgrade. His mum is tempted to go buy an iMac as it's just easier.

What do you guys think? He likes playing games like minecraft, roblox, he wants to use Steam also I think.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
If it's mainly games he wants to play, get a PC ... while an iMac has a good 'gaming spec' it's the OS that can be an obstacle, even tho' many game are 'compatible' with the Mac OS these days (minecraft, roblox), there are other hidden pitfalls to gaming on a Mac.

Buy or Build ... do some research ... I build 'cos I can and know what I want, but it can be more OTT than it need be with "gaming" in mind.

:user:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Hi All,

My 6 year old son loves his computer games and has asked his mum to buy him a computer for christmas. I always thought building a computer was the best way as you get more bang for your buck and you can upgrade. His mum is tempted to go buy an iMac as it's just easier.

What do you guys think? He likes playing games like minecraft, roblox, he wants to use Steam also I think.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

You could get one of these and have a very decent pc for very little loot.

https://www.ebuyer.com/729181-intel...MI6ubZqMX71wIV7rDtCh2ZrQHnEAQYAiABEgKeo_D_BwE

Give us a budget and I'm sure that we could suggest some decent parts to match. You could give your son all the parts boxed and wrapped and then help him build it on Boxing Day. :cool:

Ask a Question