E-mails not being received by adressees

rjg41

Using Outlook 2003. After a long time of satisfactory use, all of a
sudden my addressees were not receiving their e-mails from my POP3
setup. Incoming server is different than outgoing server. No known
changes were made.

1) No error messages.
2) Incoming messages fine.
3) Set up Outlook on another machine with same incoming and outgoing
settings and it works fine. Seems to exclude the outgoing ISP.
4) Called the outgoing ISP to have account checked. All is well. No
blocks.
5) Turned off Norton 360 and Zone Alarm. No joy
6) Windows firewall is off.
7) Removed and reinstalled Outlook 2003. No joy.
8) Removed 2003 and installed 2007. No joy.
9) Outlook Test Message works fine.
10) E-mails sent directly from incoming server work fine.
11) E-mails sent from outgoing server work fine.

HELP!

Thanks.

Peter Foldes

This issue can come on at anytime with Norton and ZA

This is an issue with either Norton or ZA. The first thing I would do is to get rid
of ZA which is not a very useful app and has not been since version 5 . Put back the
Windows Firewall which is a much better alternative if set up correctly
Next uninstall Norton and then re-install it without the email integration
(scanning) option. Just by turning off Norton it will not stop the scanning since
the option is hooked into the API .

Then test the outgoing mail which should be then working correctly

rjg41

--
Peter

"rjg41" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

[...]

Thanks but....no joy.

12) Unistalled Z alarm and Norton System Works -- No joy.
13) Re-installed Norton System Works with e-mail scanning off - No
joy.

What really perplexs me is that the Outlook test sends out a successful
e-mail. It would seem to have to be within Outlook since when I send
e-mails from the same computer from the e-mail providers page, both
g-mail and hotmail, mail is received just fine.