Downloading a driver for printer

Reaction score
Hello

This is my first post and it probably is a simple problem, however, not for me!!

I was having problems with my PSC2110 printer and followed the advice from HP who ultimately recommended I uninstall my printer and reinstall it.

I have received the downloads ( of which there are about 30/40 files), but do not know what to do next. The wizard has detected my printer, but cannot detect the files .

I would like to know how to apply these files so that they can be used to install my printer. Help!

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum
happywave.gif

Is your printer the "V" or"XI" model as the drivers are different

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCReview

go Here easy enough to find your printer, the "drivers" fill will be an .exe, just double click on it. No need to "extract" it

HTH

:user:

Reaction score
Thank you Muckshifter for your advice.
I followed your instructions and I am now on 'Driver Detective'. It was looking good, however, I am now being asked to pay £30 to update my drivers. Is this the only option to getting my printer connected? If it all goes pear shaped, the £30 would go towards a decent new printer.

As I have explained, I am a bit of a dumbo when it comes to technical stuff, but another question is; What about the existing files that HP gave me to download and are currently just.....sitting there! HP said they were updated files. Also, Irecognise the file names the Driver detective is giving me

Help!:wall:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
cuckooinspring said:
Thank you Muckshifter for your advice.
I followed your instructions and I am now on 'Driver Detective'. It was looking good, however, I am now being asked to pay £30 to update my drivers. Is this the only option to getting my printer connected? If it all goes pear shaped, the £30 would go towards a decent new printer.

As I have explained, I am a bit of a dumbo when it comes to technical stuff, but another question is; What about the existing files that HP gave me to download and are currently just.....sitting there! HP said they were updated files. Also, Irecognise the file names the Driver detective is giving me

Help!:wall:

Driver Detective is a con - DO NOT pay them any money at all, the drivers you have from HP should suffice.

Here's a link directly to the HP site:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...c=en&cc=uk&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=79488#N188

Where it says 'Select a download' choose 'Driver' and download it.

Once you've downloaded it unplug the printer's USB lead then install the drivers by double clicking on the downloaded exe file.

At some stage it should prompt you to plug the printer in. If it doesn't then plug it in anyway after the drivers have installed.

Then go to the printer properties and print off a test page.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I remember having problems downloading HP drivers.I too couldn't get the PC to recognise what I'd downloaded. Eventually I found a way to do it and wrote myself a note which I kept on file. :) Here is the note I wrote to myself,

"Download software from the net then find program in either Programs or Users.

Click on it and find Setup. Click on that to get driver install wizard."

Seems that you need to find the Setup file and from there it should be easy ( well, it was for me). You shouln't have to pay anything - HP downloads are all free.

Download site at

http://welcome.hp.com/country/uk/en/support.html

Last edited:
Reaction score
I tried your advice nivrip, but I had no luck. However I then followed your instructions floppybootstomp and it worked. HOWEVER... it is still really really slow.

Could it be a memory problem , or after six years has the printer had it?

Any other tips please?

Thanks

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If the printer's now working the software side of things have been sorted so if the printer's slow it's very likely a hardware problem and I expect the printer is showing signs of age.

Six years is about the lifespan of the average domestic printer, give or take a couple of years.

Ask a Question