HP Printers (Software)

Reaction score
Dell Dimension XP Home
Hi all
I recently replaced my broken HP Officejet which worked fine until I damaged the cartridge carrier, with a HP Photosmart All In One C309a series.
The first printer had a misaligned auto doc feeder. 5 weeks of e-mail support, 2 replacement printers from HP and hours of downloading & fixing software got me nowhere except very frustrated.
The second & 3rd printer caused massive software problems with my PC. My USB hub connecting my Seagate Backup drive stopped working. I re-connected the drive directly which worked for a while then that could not be accessed on the Explorer, so I bought a new one which it turned out I didn't need.
Whenever I ran the printer my USB system went to pot & my CPU to 100% freezing my PC.
I talked to my son who's opinion was HP are very good printers but the software causes problems.
I have rmoved the printer and all its software with a deep clean using Revo Uninstaller. My PC is working ok again. I purchased a Cannon printer, no problems.
Regards Terry
wallbash.gif

Ask a Question